In hospital

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Hello guys just want to let you know that I am in the hospital I have flipped my lawn tractor and now have two bulged discs in my back and can't walk let you know as I get better

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
bigytwotone said:
Hello guys just want to let you know that I am in the hospital I have flipped my lawn tractor and now have two bulged discs in my back and can't walk let you know as I get better

So sorry to hear this. I experienced that myself in 2008. I had a bulged disc between L4 and L5 (sciatic nerve). Mine started after a 1 hour drive I stopped to get gas and when I stepped out of the van the pain started kicking in. Within a day I was on the floor not able to move. I couldn't get up the stairs to my bedroom and spent about 12 weeks sleeping on the living room floor. My left leg would cramp like crazy 4-5 times a night. I had pins and needles feeling in my left leg non stop for about 6 weeks. When I would stand up I couldn't raise my right big toe at all. I couldn't stomach the Percs and could only take 1 every 2-3 hours instead of 2 every 4 hours. I was off work for 7 months, prior to this I had 25 years no sick days at all. Physio therapy 2-3 times a week was a big help. I didn't snowmobile that season at all and that really sucked. To this day I still get occasional left leg cramps and a pain in my hip joint if standing a certain way.

Take care, take it easy, you will get better! Do everything they tell you to do....

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Man I hope u heal up fast bro. Stay positive you are in my thoughts and prayers for a smooth recovery. Told u not to put that ls2 in that tractor. Naw but seriously I hope you get back on your feet bud.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Have that two or three times a year when i was working. Gata watch how ya lift for now on. Good luck.

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
Get better. :Lager Louts: Here's to a speedy recovery

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Unless you've got a turbo setup on it, I have to assumed you turned the wrong way on a steep grade. Regardless, hope you get the kinks worked out and get well soon.

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
so i just got home from the hospital and can walk very slow. so as to what happened i was loading the tractor into our 3/4 ton chev and on the way up the ramps it staled and rolled back but was still in drive and the tires locked up and it flipped backwards and landed on my pinning me to the ground thank god my parents where home and dad got the tractor off of me and then hospital time.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
bigytwotone said:
so i just got home from the hospital and can walk very slow. so as to what happened i was loading the tractor into our 3/4 ton chev and on the way up the ramps it staled and rolled back but was still in drive and the tires locked up and it flipped backwards and landed on my pinning me to the ground thank god my parents where home and dad got the tractor off of me and then hospital time.

That's not uncommon,a guy down the street did a similar flip off of a trailer.Rest-up,heal-up and you'll be-up in no time...Mike.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
bigytwotone said:

That never even entered my mind...I thought you would have been dodging whirling blades. :eek:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Don't know how I missed this thread, but I hope you are feeling better.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Hope you feel better soon. before the details, it reminded me of a niegbor kid who flipped his dad's lawn tractor in a ditch. he hopped off, but the tractor leaked gas, caught and burned. (he was ok, at least till his dad got home)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online