In and out play on my front and rear driver wheels...

boostmg

Original poster
Oct 5, 2022
northeast PA
Hey guys slowly but surely getting intimate w/ the saab 97x. It came wheel wheel spacers and i replaced them today with new wheels with a different offset. I was going to change brakes/rotors too but the ones on there are still fine.

Anyway i noticed that on my rear and front driver the wheel would move. First i thought it was the rotor moving because the wheel wasn't bolted to it. Then with the wheel in the air and bolted to the rotor i could move the wheel "out and in" from the vehicle.

This was on the front driver and rear driver side only.

I've been hunting for the answer. Someone said its normal b/c of a "C" clamp differential. In the rear i understand this, but is it the same for the front?

Mathoran

May 3, 2012
Are you using the correct lug nuts for the new wheels? they could be bottoming out and not tightening the wheels all the way. Rear will have a little play from c clips like you said.

Reactions: boostmg

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
For the front I would make sure that the CV axle nut is torqued properly, assuming here you do not have 2wd. If it is I would check the ball joints and inner tie rod ends.

Reactions: boostmg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Rear is normal. Front, check ball joints and wheel hub bearing although if loose would normally throw an ABS code. There should be no play in front.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher