I'm on the Right Track??

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
3" Lift
Flip UCAs
New Struts
New Rear Shocks

Anything else I should be told before I take the TB into the shop.

Need to Know by Thursday!

Tires and Spacers are in the future.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Marks new design correct? If its not i would replace the upper shock mounts while your in there. If it is Marks new design, there is no need.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:
3" Lift
Flip UCAs
New Struts
New Rear Shocks

Anything else I should be told before I take the TB into the shop.

Need to Know by Thursday!

Tires and Spacers are in the future.

I am sure you know to swap the uca's when you flip them and I would check your ball joints and tie rods before so there is no surprises when you go to get it aligned

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Yes it is Marks new kit.

I think my parents put new tire rods on before I bought it, I'm having the shop check the joints. Yes When flipping the UCAs you rotate them. Found that out yesterday! I'll have to call tomorrow and see bout the tire rods.

I'm not doing any of this.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
:bump: I was able to have the Mechaninc check the tire rods today.He told me he hasn't replaced them from what he recalls. He didn't tell me If I should replace them or not... He said it would cost me roughly 450-570 to get them replaced....... And I don't have the money to get em replaced right now.

So now can I get the lift installed and not replace the Tire rods but replace them in the future?!?!

Again back to the first Post so we don't get lost answering one question.

3" Lift
Flip UCAs
New Struts
New Rear Shocks
Possiable Tire Rod Replacement

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:
:bump: I was able to have the Mechaninc check the tire rods today.He told me he hasn't replaced them from what he recalls. He didn't tell me If I should replace them or not... He said it would cost me roughly 450-570 to get them replaced....... And I don't have the money to get em replaced right now.

So now can I get the lift installed and not replace the Tire rods but replace them in the future?!?!

Again back to the first Post so we don't get lost answering one question.

3" Lift
Flip UCAs
New Struts
New Rear Shocks
Possiable Tire Rod Replacement

ya you got it all it seems on a side note if your tie rods are bad the mechanic should have told you not just give you a price to replace them if you do I can help you change them at the meet and save you a few hundred only if they need it though

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jham said:
ya you got it all it seems on a side note if your tie rods are bad the mechanic should have told you not just give you a price to replace them if you do I can help you change them at the meet and save you a few hundred only if they need it though

From what I understood in your punctuation free post... I can replace them in the future after the lift!??!

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:
From what I understood in your punctuation free post... I can replace them in the future after the lift!??!

it seems that the tie rods are not bad based on what you said the Tech Said. Without looking at them its hard to tell you if you need to change them now. I would be willing to assist you changeing them to save you money in the future when they need to be changed.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Seriously, $500 to replace your tie rods?

You need to find another mechanic or learn to do these things on your own. How much is he charging to do your lift? For a case of beer and a pizza it would get done in my driveway and you would learn a few things on turning wrenches along the way.

On the original question though. Replace your upper strut mounts, shocks and struts when doing the lift. Flipping the upper control arms is also a good preventative measure to ensure a bit more life in the upper ball joints.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Regulator said:
Seriously, $500 to replace your tie rods?

You need to find another mechanic or learn to do these things on your own. How much is he charging to do your lift? For a case of beer and a pizza it would get done in my driveway and you would learn a few things on turning wrenches along the way.

On the original question though. Replace your upper strut mounts, shocks and struts when doing the lift. Flipping the upper control arms is also a good preventative measure to ensure a bit more life in the upper ball joints.

Yes thats what He quoted me. Its was like 120 for the cheap rods and 150-170 for the expensive rods. So figuer labor in ther somewhere. Buts thats like 250-300 bucks in labor, then after that I'll need an alignment.

The shop I had check my Rods won't do the lift... So thankfully I found another shop that will do it. He wants 300 to install the lift and a additional 120 to flip the UCAs. I'll check with the shop thats doing my lift and see how much to do the rods.

I don't think my parents would be happy with me buying a case of beer.....

I got marks new style lift, new struts and shocks
P4034037.jpg

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Save your money and make the trip down for the Coldwater, MI meet. We can put your truck together in the parking lot without any issues. I carry all the tools that would be needed.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
QUOTE=the roadie;56005]I think the answer a few weeks ago was: "My parents don't want amateurs like those goofs on the forum working on the truck because they might screw up and I could die." :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Regulator said:
...We can put your truck together in the parking lot without any issues. I carry all the tools that would be needed.

[video=youtube;0UDu4IEkPPI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UDu4IEkPPI[/video]

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Hey man I know a shop near me that will would do your lift and flip for 225 if you have to have a shop put it in for to to please your folks. With gas for the trip down you would have a couple hundred left over. And I have some spacers we could make a deal on. You still would be up a $100

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
jham said:
Hey man you are getting screwed on the laber. They shop must be getting close to 100$ a hour

I figured 75 and hour(2hrs) and then 75 for the alignment then 120 to flip UCAs. I live in a small town so yea pices are gunna be a bit high. The guy thats going to do the lift has a seriously good reputation arund here. He is the only person that will do it for 20 miles around, and I trust him and his work.

Regulator said:
Save your money and make the trip down for the Coldwater, MI meet. We can put your truck together in the parking lot without any issues. I carry all the tools that would be needed.

yea that woul be nice but I dont know what I would be working...... I can't just take days off of work, I avg 15-18 Hours now working 2 days a week, but hopefully come May I'll pick up to 5days a week and avg 20-25 hrs..... All on 8bucks an hour

the roadie said:
I think the answer a few weeks ago was: "My parents don't want amateurs like those goofs on the forum working on the truck because they might screw up and I could die." :rotfl:

Haha I'd rather have You, Regualtor, Hardtrailz, or anyone who has done this enough to do it backwards.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
:bump:

Whats the torque settings after the lift? Assuming stock Torgue Settings? I looked for a list of torque settings and couldnt find anything.

Also what about putting some Anit Seize on some of the stuff.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
The lift, Shock/Struts,. I thought I saw the shocks had to be like 45lb

Sorry should have been more specific

Cable810 said:
Whats the torque settings after the lift?

I really need to take a grammer class

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
These are the vaules I recall seeing another member post here, or over there.

Shock absorber retaining nut to 33 lb ft.
Shock module yoke to shock absorber pinch bolt to 52 lb ft.
Shock module upper retaining nuts to 33 lb ft.
Shock module yoke to lower control arm retaining nut 82 lb ft.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online