I'm going to use the A.C. Delco T.E.C. Liquid or Aerosol?

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Hi all. I've decided to do the top end soak with A.C. Delco product. They make it in an aerosol also. Any suggestions on which might be better? After doing some add'l research...It appears the aerosol is made to use while the engine is running by spraying it through the intake.

It looks like I'll stay with the liquid and soak the cylinders as mentioned in previous threads.

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I suppose I should apologize for the complete failure of my prior words and images provided to inform you in the recent past concerning several Contemporary Threads about ACDelco TEC.

But you should realize by now, that literally everything important there is to know and can be said about the use of ACDelco Top Engine Cleaner as a topic here has already been thoroughly covered and thrashed out for you… ad nauseum ..Yes?:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ad nauseam

Nevertheless... Perhaps Where Words Fail… Images will Suffice:

GM42LTEC1.jpgGM42LTEC2.jpgGM42LTEC3.jpgGM42LTEC6.jpgGM42LTEC7.jpgGM42LTEC8.jpgGM42LTEC9.jpgGM42LTEC4A.jpgGM42LTEC4B.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
I have read through many of the threads and have found them very helpful. I see two types of T.E.C.'s being used. The foaming aerosol type used in the photos above with the head off. This type seems to be used also for when the engine is running and injected through the intake.

The other is the liquid that is poured into the spark plugs holes and let soak.

Or if I can spray the foaming aerosol into the spark plug holes, let it soak and get similar results? I'm hoping to clarify the best way to do it.

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
If the engines in the car you can do either.
When I was in the buisness we followed the directions on the can, cleaned up carbon knocks every time.
I was working piece work, time was of the essence.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86