I'm Alive!

cody_s

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Alright guys, so here's a username that hasn't posted in freaking forever. It's probably been what, 4 or 5 years? I apologize for the crazy long hiatus. Just to catch y'all up, the Envoy finally bit the dust around the time I stopped posting here. (Guys, keep posting or your trucks will get mad! lol).
Anyways, after the 'Voy, I found a great deal on a 4x4 Toyota Sequoia Limited. Even though it was like driving a bus, it was actually a lot of fun. First time owning a 4WD vehicle, and it was actually pretty capable.
At around 360,xxx miles on the Sequoia, I made the worst possible decision and got a 2004 Dodge Durango 4x4 from what I came to discover was an extremely shady dealership. I learned the importance of reading dealership reviews before and not after purchasing. I've spent way too much time and money trying to trace an elusive EVAP issue that's preventing it from passing emissions testing in Georgia, not to mention the rust issues.
Even though those two were 4x4, I still missed the Envoy. And more than that, none of the other platforms had anything close to the support that this community provides for the Trailblazers and Envoys.
I've missed this group, and I apologize for vanishing. Even though I wasn't driving a GM Truck, I should have at least popped in to say hi occasionally. My Envoy wouldn't have been what it was without the support and help from this forum. Much of what I learned about working on cars and responsible off-roading came from this site and OffroadTB.

That being said, I wound up making a return to the GMT360 platform. I found a 2006 TrailBlazer LT 4x4 with only 83,xxx on it, garage kept and well maintained. It'll be a slow build, but it really does feel great to be back behind the wheel of a 360.

It's great to be back, and sorry for vanishing for so long.

IMG_20190108_160908.jpg

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Welcome back. :tiphat:

Reactions: cody_s and Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome back! It's good to find a nice low mileage truck. I'm sure you'll take good care of it :smile:

Reactions: cody_s

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Howdy

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They wouldnt do that, no, not VS!

Forum Statistics