If you had $200 for a new mod, What would it be...

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Hey guys so within the next month im gonna watch my spending and try to get a new Mod or 2 for the TB. What would you do if you had an extra 200??

Im Thinking a PCM tune is the way im leaning right now because ive done mostly apearence and would love to get alittle more performance.

What would you guys do tho? Any feedback is much apreciated. Thanks :thumbsup:

Also: Incase your wondering, All my current up to date mods are in my signature :biggrin: Thanks again Fellas and ladies, Looking forward to what road you guys would take :smile:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Tune is the best bang for the buck for sure, also get some LED dome lights if you dont already great mod cost about $7 via ebay
IMAG0155-1.jpg
you can add footwells for about $2 more lol

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
Tune is the best bang for the buck for sure, also get some LED dome lights if you dont already great mod cost about $7 via ebay
IMAG0155-1.jpg
you can add footwells for about $2 more lol

Sweet man. I deff wanted to do the domes as well. do they just hook up to the existing wire thats in the dome lights already? or do you have to run a new wire?

Also, Is the PCM the only tune for trailblazers, Or is there differnet kind of performance tunes? Thanks :cool:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
03TB93 said:
Sweet man. I deff wanted to do the domes as well. do they just hook up to the existing wire thats in the dome lights already? or do you have to run a new wire?

Also, Is the PCM the only tune for trailblazers, Or is there differnet kind of performance tunes? Thanks :cool:

PCM4Less is the best that I know of for a 4.2 and 5.3 Tune

For Leds
[EBAY]150826206755[/EBAY]
Alot of guys will use these they are super bright and universal, I used a mix of those and
T10 Wedge Variation
[EBAY]110892007698[/EBAY]
The Panels can be much brighter, because you can fit a lot more LEDs on the panel.
Either way you go they all are Plug and Play. VERY CHEAP and make a huge difference and it looks so much better than dingy yellow/warm light
You can also check out Blackshadows LED thread if you would like your domes to be seen from space :rotfl:

My footwells are wired by me and taped into the dome power to come on with the doors opening.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Ya man those foot wells are very nice. I may have to order a set of the LED's for the dome and see if i can get them to work. Either way its cheap enough where its not that big of loss if i cant get them working. ha. Its a pretty easy job tho for the most part?

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
If I had $200 for my next mod I would be 1/3rd of the way to replacing my rear axle.

I know this doesn't help you at all, but you asked what we would do with the money. :raspberry:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
1/3-ish of the way to a proper hid install...

Or get a new hu with a2dp

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
PCM4less tune would be what I spent my extra cash on. Not saying this because I think you should do it, i'm saying this because it is literally what I would do lol

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pcmforless

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Here are some LEDs if you want. I just ordered those 194 bulbs

[EBAY]170818273459[/EBAY]
[EBAY]150783269359[/EBAY]

:thumbsup:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
For LED's I would go with these and use 2 in the cargo light

[EBAY]280880310736[/EBAY] or [EBAY]251074188411[/EBAY]

I have the 36's

0420112128.jpg

0420112128a.jpg

0915110637.jpg

you'll need to make this to have 2 in the cargo light

0416112355.jpg

and for the license plate

[EBAY]150827419288[/EBAY]

0111110606.jpg

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Though they would run me less than $200, mud flaps for the Silverado. Maybe vent visors for the Voy too.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Ya guys everyone post what you would do, Im curious too see what kind of things are on your lists as well :yes:

And i think im gonna do a PCM4LESS. Sounds like thats what majority would do.. Than CAI or LED's.

Also, would a local tuning shop do a tune for me, Or would you guys go with pcm4less? Just trying to decide if i should take it to a shop or go with PCM.. I know you guys say good things about them. But im not sure if its worth waiting and not driving for a week, or if i could just take it locally.

-Dan

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
03TB93 said:
Ya guys everyone post what you would do, Im curious too see what kind of things are on your lists as well :yes:

And i think im gonna do a PCM4LESS. Sounds like thats what majority would do.. Than CAI or LED's.

Also, would a local tuning shop do a tune for me, Or would you guys go with pcm4less? Just trying to decide if i should take it to a shop or go with PCM.. I know you guys say good things about them. But im not sure if its worth waiting and not driving for a week, or if i could just take it locally.

-Dan

My next "mod" is likely to be wheel spacers so I can go with larger tires.
After the tire upgrade then I'll get a tune so they can fix my speedo at the same time.

I think PCM4L has a loaner program where they can send you a PCM to run while yours is out of pocket.

I keep hoping one will pop up in my local PickNPull before I get a tune.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Mark20 said:
Though they would run me less than $200, mud flaps for the Silverado. Maybe vent visors for the Voy too.

I agree on the mud flaps for sure... anything to help cutback on the sandblasting effect...

I'd also grab a trailer-hitch step, mebbe some driving lights for the safari bar and a hood deflector...
With any leftover money I'd buy Stef some Oreos for all his hard work... :rotfl:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
If I had $200 to spend I'd buy some tools I need for doing my own repairs! Of course part of that I'd spend to become a Premium Supporter here at GMTNation:smile: that's what I'd call a good bang for the buck!

For you it sounds like a tune and some LED's are possible:thumbsup:! Good choice!

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
PCM4less tune is high on my agenda. For me its not about the performance, I'd like to increase mpg. I love my Voy but it usually pulls a little to the right when ever there is a gas station coming up :biggrin:

Feb 24, 2012
I know it's going to be more than $200 but I would be saving it for efans.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
CdnGMan said:
I agree on the mud flaps for sure... anything to help cutback on the sandblasting effect...

I'd also grab a trailer-hitch step, mebbe some driving lights for the safari bar and a hood deflector...
With any leftover money I'd buy Stef some Oreos for all his hard work... :rotfl:

I've got one for the Voy but could use something similar for the Silverado as getting up to the bed with the gate down is fun NOT. I've seen a step that bolts tot he frame at the corner and folds up when not in use but it is not cheap. Almost $200.

New plan, if $200 plopped into my lap I'd get that.

Found it. Bed Step by Amp Research

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
deekster_caddy said:
I know it's going to be more than $200 but I would be saving it for efans.

If you shop around and don't mind DIY you can do it for about that (minus the tune to kill the codes). I got a set of fans for 33 bucks from a recycle yard. The controller and tune are going to be the most expensive parts.

So yeah, that's probably what I'm doing with my next $200 I spend on the Trailblazer mod-wise. Its list is the efans, tune... then body work to fix rust! but that'll cost a lot more than $200 :frown: Then it is possibly a lift, tires, some armor, etc... nothing too crazy but I would like to start doing some offroading on occasion.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Whatdo these E-Fans do? are they just a smaller fan that replaces that big yellow fan that looks like its out of an air conditioner? lol What is the point of them?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
03TB93 said:
Whatdo these E-Fans do? are they just a smaller fan that replaces that big yellow fan that looks like its out of an air conditioner? lol What is the point of them?

They replace the clutch fan. They free up the power that is used to turn the clutch fan giving you more power to the wheels and saving gas. Also the clutch fan is a known problem on the 4.2, so it's an upgrade in reliability.

03TB93

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Short Bus said:
They replace the clutch fan. They free up the power that is used to turn the clutch fan giving you more power to the wheels and saving gas. Also the clutch fan is a known problem on the 4.2, so it's an upgrade in reliability.

Hmm.. Ill deff look into that too. Dam.. I thought my mod list was reaching an end. O well, more projects if i can get the $$$ :biggrin:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
03TB93 said:
Hmm.. Ill deff look into that too. Dam.. I thought my mod list was reaching an end. O well, more projects if i can get the $$$ :biggrin:

I didn't know mod lists had ends? :confused: :raspberry:

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Considering how bone stock my TB is, I've got plenty of things on the list, and it'd probably be a PCM4less tune at the top of the list.

If I couldn't do that for some reason, then LEDs and get rid of that stupid coffee can at the back of the exhaust
and replace it with at least a stainless straight pipe...something machined, so at least it looks halfway decent. I've
had other vehicles with resonators, and none of them bugged me as much as this one does.

Cheers-

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.