If you couldn't have a trailblazer what vehicle would you have?

oster200

Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
United States
I'm curious to hear what you would choose if you couldn't have a trailblazer. I always liked the look of it, and I find it kind of hard to find something appealing to the eye like the trailblazer is. I'm finding that today SUV's or crossovers tend to look more like a minivan and it losses the off-road look. I personally don't know what I would get if I couldn't have a trailblazer, and I'm interested to hear what you would get.

I have heard a new 2017 trailblazer might be making its way into the United States instead of it only being in Europe the past years after it was discontinued in USA. http://frogcars.com/2017-chevrolet-trailblazer/ Apparently it comes with quite a bit of nice off-road features. I preferred if it wasn't a truck and more of a SUV but again its just my opinion.

dna59

Nov 20, 2015
Belize
Before I bought my Envoy I had a hard time finding a SUV I liked. At the end of the day it was either a Trailblazer LT cause I preferred the bumpers over the LS, Envoy cause I always loved how they looked or 4runner. The 4runner was much more than I wanted to spend and I couldn't find any Trailblazer LTS at the time. My next vehicle is gonna either be a Sierra or Yukon. Nothing else really catches my eye. I like the Acadia but I don't want FWD nor AWD.

Reactions: oster200

smt 59

What a great question especially at this point of the service life on this platform. I still really enjoy my Envoy, I have kept it in excellent condition since I bought it new in 2005. I have been looking for a replacement for her but nothing really catches my eye. My needs have change over the time that I originally bought it for as well and don't need anything that big anymore. I am really not a car guy anymore either so maybe a Colorado(if honey allows it), I have been looking outside of GM as well at small SUV's like the Land Rover Discovery?? not sure though as I will keep the Voy as my hobby toy for weekends etc., let's see what GM comes out with in the near future.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
If i replace the TB at this point it will be with one of these

4b0ab52d317b8f2ccb76c7d6863646b7.jpg

smt 59

Very nice, I've seen this one on line before. This vintage is from my teenage years, mine was a Silverado P/U lifted, tires, suspension etc. ahhhh those were the days.

oster200

Original poster
Oct 27, 2015
United States
If i replace the TB at this point it will be with one of these
Oh yeah that looks nice. I almost prefer the older vehicles just because they have less to go wrong than these new ones. They look good too.

I haven't researched the Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland but I could see maybe getting that, doesn't look that bad either. I also never owned a jeep before.
gallery-1463165389-my16-jeep-grand-cherokee-overland.jpg

Or the Jeep Limited 75th Anniversary Edition
maxresdefault.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, great question. I just had my '02 TB's tranny die on me and I'm driving the Saab this winter, which I wasn't planning to do. I might replace the tranny this spring. I'm also looking at buying a low mileage '07 TB but if I don't get it, I have to look at other options. I'm also eyeing an '08 9-7x Aero so I would relegate my current one to winter duties.

At work, I drive a '15 Tahoe. I'm not a fan of full size trucks as it's like driving a tank but it is nice. The look does grow on ya though. Does have more head room than the 360's (I'm 6'2"). Unfortunately, they're way out of my price range and used ones haven't really come out yet.

The Colorado is a possibility but it too is way too expensive. Even if the new TB does come over on this side of the pond, it may be out of everybody's price range and may wind up with so many tariffs because it's made overseas, it may be unattractive to North American consumers.

I'm definitely not a car guy anymore. Our '03 Accord and '02 CRV are as small as I can fit into. Beyond that, I don't really know which way I would go.

Reactions: smt 59

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hands down a Pontiac G8. I'm desperately waiting on GM to produce another sleeper. The SS Trailblazer and Pontiac G8's are most definitely my favorite vehicles. I'm waiting for the day when I can buy my first brand new vehicle. It'll be special for sure! :biggrin:

hrddrv

Dec 4, 2011
Probably will not purchase another SUV anytime soon but thinking of a truck when the TB dies or is not cost effective to repair. Still trying to decide on truck year though. I like both old and new Chevy trucks. It will be a full size one and 4 wheel drive.

Reactions: Mooseman

MikeHayes

Mar 20, 2016
Vermont
I've always wanted to buy a used military hummer and make it road legal. My wife has always wanted a cadillac escalade. Unless I hit the lottery neither will likely happen. :smile:

carshinebob

Jun 13, 2014
For me with two daughters in school, budget has a lot to do with what vehicles I can dream of. As much as I'd like to win the lottery, odds are it won't happen. the only vehicles I can afford to dream of are used and five to fifteen years old. If I didn't have a GMT360 I would get a first gen Cadillac SRX. I owned one five years ago and put 100k miles on it. Loved it the whole time I owned it. My friends teased that it was a soccer moms Cadillac. I always thought it should be lowered for a lower center of Gravity since it was based on a sports sedan platform. Well then They came out with a CTS sports wagon and even better it could be a V series with massive horse power. GM didn't sell very many of these and the prices are still out of my budget. But I can still dream right? ~BOB

Chickenhawk

Dec 6, 2011
I really don't know what I would get. I need to get a few more years out of the gun truck before I decide to trade.

The new, shorter Acadia might be nice. I do a lot of rough roads in northern Manitoba and can't drive a pickup for various reasons, so all the sport cutes are out. I cannot see myself ever driving a Jeep or any other Chrysler product after having owned a GM. I have seen too many of the minimum strength components they put into these things to save five cents here and ten cents there, and put it back in the owner's lap to upgrade things like control arms, ball joints and wheel hubs. Let's not forget Jeep was the company who thought a CVT would be a good choice for an SUV.
At work, I drive a '15 Tahoe. I'm not a fan of full size trucks as it's like driving a tank but it is nice. The look does grow on ya though. Does have more head room than the 360's (I'm 6'2"). Unfortunately, they're way out of my price range and used ones haven't really come out yet.
I would LOVE a Tahoe ... if only it would fit in my garage. As one of the few people who get to occasionally drive police cars around race tracks for part of what my wife laughingly refers to as "a living" (complete with air quotes), I know the capabilities of the Tahoe PPV. Not that I am every going to go 220 KPH in one, but I have a good idea of the limitations of the stock Tahoe versus the Police Pursuit Vehicle, and where to put in some judicious upgrades for handling.

The 2WD Tahoe has been a very popular pursuit-rated police vehicle since it was introduced many years ago, but a lot of people don't know that GM started selling the 4WD Tahoe as a fully-rated, pursuit-capable police vehicle starting in 2015. THis make the Tahoe one of the fastest full-size SUVs on the market, and the only 4WD police vehicle, as opposed to the AWD of the others. It uses a similar transfer case as the Trailblazer, and is the only pursuit-rate police vehicle that has selective 2WD, A4WD, 4HI and 4LO.

Ironically, I always thought the Trailblazer would make a great police vehicle because of its robust construction and low center-of-gravity but by the time GM realized the Tahoe would be wildly popular, the Trailblazer was already out of production.

In fact, the Tahoe is so popular that police agencies need to order eight months in advance, and GM completely dropped the Impala for 2017. The Caprice PPV (which is curiously only sold in the U.S.) sells in fewer numbers than Ford drops off the back of railroad freight cars, so it will disappear soon. Don't expect the price to come down much.

Rats.

But I take comfort in the fact that there are a lot of Trailblazers still in use with police agencies in certain specialty units because they are very fast and very ubiquitous. If you don't believe me, watch the movie S.W.A.T., and spot the Trailblazer that Sam Jackson is riding in.

triz

Apr 22, 2013

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Here's something interesting. In one of those articles, found the price of last year's TB at 1,748,000 PhP (Philippines Peso), which translates to $46,243 CAD or $35,256 USD. Because it's produced abroad, it would probably get heavy tariffs, probably in the 20%+ range. This would bring it to at least $55,491 CAD or $42,307 USD.

dkvasnicka

Jul 24, 2015
Czech republic, Europe
BMW X5 E53 (ideally the pre-facelift with full-time rear-biased 4x4 and more weight on the rear axle) or a Subie - older Tribeca or Outback with the rear-biased variant of Subaru's permanent AWD. Foresters are also nice but too small to fit 3 kids in the back.
I also like the XC Volvos but those are primarilly FWDs with heavy noses and that's a setup I don't want to go back to.
An older Grand Cherokee or Ford Explorer would work too, I guess (not sure about the reliability, particularly regarding the latter).

Blackwater

Aug 14, 2015
Lawton, OK
Uh, I cant replace something I never owned.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
If I couldn't have a Trailblazer I would have an Envoy...oh wait, I already have one :duh:
Maybe a Tahoe or Yukon, I'm a incurable V8 guy :love0001: Mike.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
If i didnt have my SS, hands down a laid out '63 or '64 Impala on 13" Gold Spoke Daytons with airbags... psssssshhhhh! I'm the only one in my family to not own a classic and stick with modern muscle so my brother keeps sending me subtle hints here and there haha. My daily Driver is 2.0L Turbo Malibu LTZ 2LZ and i honestly would be plenty happy with that if i didnt have my SS.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'd have to say one of these bad boys with either the 3.6-liter V6 with 300 horsepower or 6.0-liter V8 with 355 hp; preferably the 6.0. You can actually get your hands on one, if you do some research as to where to buy fleet vehicles at auction.

2011- 2017 Chevy Caprice PPV

3580329-2014-chevrolet-caprice-thumb.jpg

kevin-sullivans-chevy-caprice-ppv-lsx-9c1-photos-by-gconnoyer-photography_100473349_l.jpg

Reactions: SnowBlazer

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Full size Chevy pickup - see my sig :biggrin:

It did replace ol' Rusty after all.

FearlessAZ

Jun 7, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
This is a tough one. I already have my 04 TB and my 10 SHO. If I had to have something else, it would probably be a Silverado or F150. Possibly an old classic. I still miss my 70 impala every day. When I was shopping around for something newer, I had narrowed it down to a Taurus SHO or a G8 GT. If I wouldn't have gotten the deal I got on my SHO, I probably would have went with a G8 GT. I liked them. The SHO had a better interior in my opinion. If I had the money, I would be all over a SS. RWD 4 dr V8 with some balls.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
that thing is cool

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online