ICT Billet Swap Sensor Adapter

gmtofd

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Wanting to check the oil pressure in my noisy 4.2, ordered ICT Billet's part #551175. it is an adapter that is supposed to replace the pressure sensor, threaded at one end to screw into the block and the other end is 1/8 npt thread. The problem is that it has an incorrect M16 1.5 thread, while the block has a M16 2.0 thread. Email ICT about the thread problem. Believe it or not, they responded, saying that they will mail me a prototype adapter with the correct thread, free of charge. It arrived and screws into the block, no problem. Maybe you'll have to pay $14.99 for yours.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nice. It's great when companies step up like that. Also gives them a chance to put out a new product.

Reactions: Redbeard

gmtofd

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
So please that this company came through like that, saves me the trouble of trying to cobble something up. Do the V8's use a different thread, (M16 1.5)? Anyway, the gauge read #75 cold start. Motor has some sort of lifter-like top end noise, which prompted verifying oil pressure.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

limequat

Dec 8, 2011
Great news for turbo conversions. I was making this part out of steel, but it was too much of a PITA and I discontinued it. Got a link to the ICT part?

Reactions: Capote

gmtofd

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
They have no part # yet, so it would be best to use their website inquiring about the M16 2.0 to 1/8 npt adapter. For your application, you may want larger than 1/8 npt for your turbo feed line.

zsiya

Mar 13, 2014
Would you run this with an actual pressure gauge full time or just testing? If full time, how would you "trick" the PCM to get a reading? I'm thinking since its just a switch, that jumping the plug harness would work.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'd use both so if it should drop to 0, you'd get a warning. We don't have our eyes glued to the gauges. There should be another port there to use.

gmtofd

Original poster
Dec 30, 2013
Ideally, a "tee" would be screwed on to the M16 2.0 threads in the block where the stock pressure sensor is threaded. One end of the tee would be female M16 2.0 for the existing pressure sensor. The other end is 1/8 npt female for a for real pressure gauge. Ask IBT Billet on their website if they would consider manufacturing such a specialized tee for our application. Explain to them what you need and why. As mentioned the correct thread for the 4.2, pressure sensor is M16 2.0.

billzie

Aug 20, 2012
Athens, OH
Or how about a pass through X or mini manifold block, 3 ports, one m16-2.0 for stock, one for 1/8 NPT gauge, and one for 1/8 NPT for dummy light or temp etc. I'm old old school so maybe there is a cause sensor that also can feed a dummy light or similar.
Bill

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.