ICE POSSIBLE at 60 degrees?

speedbird52

Original poster
Feb 28, 2019
Kelso, WA
I want to preface this to say this issue only came up AFTER I replaced the HVAC head unit. My old one the knob went knackers and would change temp settings depending on the road conditions. It was hysterical at first, then turned into a bother. ANYWAYS, these are more annoying than anything, but instead of displaying the outside temp while the HVAC is on, you need to turn it off and then it will display it. The other thing is, and possibly more annoying, is that the driver information display keeps saying ICE POSSIBLE even when it's 60f degrees outside. The HVAC head unit states the correct EXT temp (when you power it off … annoying), but not sure what is driving the gauge cluster to say otherwise.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
1st, when you replaced the head unit, was it the exact same one and programmed for your truck? same year?

2nd, bad outside temp is usually caused by a faulty outdoor temp sensor, located in upper left in front of the radiator/condenser.

However, I have a feeling there's something with the HU.

Reactions: Matt and xavierny25

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
1st, when you replaced the head unit, was it the exact same one and programmed for your truck? same year?

100% this. I had an issue when my 02 ac head unit died. Got one from another TB (different year) and a lot of the settings were different. Turns out I needed the EXACT SAME part number hu.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online