I want to spruce up the interior

jak03TB

Original poster
May 7, 2020
FL, USA
firstly the screws have pulled through the seat adjustment panel. i have fixed this before with a washer on the outside now it seems the problem is when getting in the the vehicle the seat flexes on the panel stressing the plastic pieces. i was thinking of dropping the panel an inch or two with a bracket while still keeping the screws under the cover panel. anyone else need to do something similar?
20200517_140735.jpg
secondly the leatherish and plastic backing material is pulling away from the door panel. is there an easy way to replace/paint these? or should i just glue and clamp them. also the door handle cover is very faded but i assume i can just paint them.
20200517_140731.jpg
Finally, primarily on the back doors the plastic has become extremely fadded from the sun. can we paint or rhino line these? Got to love the florida sunshine.
20200517_145113.jpg
pictures or thread links to other members who have done this would be greatly appreciated.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Here's a video from one of our former members, repairing the seat panel.

My drivers door also has the insert section coming loose. I haven't decided on how to tackle that one yet.

The door handle trim pieces can be painted, just be careful not to snap off the tabs when removing them.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Never seen anything on repairing door panels. Im watching the junk yards for a set myself. If you have the cash though there are a lot on Ebay. Run about $75-$150 which is a lil steep for me.. But if I saw a good set of black ones............imagesdream.jpg

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There was a write up on Trailvoy, where a guy reupholstered his door panels with suede, and showed how to remove the insert section to do it. Since they've changed their format, I don't know where that article went, and the site specific search isn't giving me anything.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher