I need your help & kindness

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
To the few Ladies and lots of
Gents,

I've fallen on hard times. I have a long story in my link below, but the short story is this:
out of a real job for about 6 years; shot by carjacker in Aug 2014, losing most use of my left dominant hand; car broke down Apr 28th, 2016; fractured shoulder Apr 30th, 2016.

I'm frugal. I don't have cable TV or live in an expensive apartment, my phone is $38/month (and I've got a 4 year old phone), no designer stuff, and I get a take out meal from a restaurant about once a week. While you'd read me chiming in about mods, most of my comments would say that I had no budget. The savings I had kept me going for 6 years.

Here's the link:
https://www.youcaring.com/marc-stevenson-567022

I know times are hard for us all. I know not everyone can give. Every couple of dollars helps and if a lot of people come together it adds up.

I'm also asking if you can share a personal note and my link with your social circles. How we've interacted maybe or anything else.

Thank you folks.
Marc, aka MCSteven (the artist formerly known as Camera Nut)

Below are images of my upper arm and my left hand.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Update folks:

I've had two more folks help out, 1 from my Facebook contacts and a woman I often see out and about, Victoria. Victoria said she doesn't have a Visa or Mastercard, and handed me $20. I didn't realize what she was doing at first. She then said it was toward my fundraising. This thread has been viewed 56 times. I ask you to please share it as well.

I've worked hard to overcome a broken knee in 2000. I've worked to make ends meet, scraping for every job I could over the last 6 years. That's how my savings lasted so long. The hand injury took away over 90% of the reduced income I was making, and fighting Social Security isn't easy or quick. This was a very unexpected setback, plus a fractured shoulder, and I'm letting people know

I NEED YOUR HELP.

Every gift, big or small, helps. And if you can share the link with a personal note - how you know me or if I'm connected to a friend - that helps as well. If you can let your circle know about me, and that every dollar helps, I will be very grateful. So far I've had 23 people who have had enough to share. I know not everyone has enough to share. Times are tight. Either way, I hope you will share my link. Share it a few times if you can. Make it public so others can share it as well.

I am in your debt,
Marc

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Thank you Mooseman!

I'm hoping others will see if they can help as well as share the link. Lots of folks can make a big difference when they come together.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm not on any social media so I couldn't share but I wanted to do my small part.

Reactions: mcsteven

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
There is no small parts. Every $ will help and make an impact.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Hey Marc I went ahead and helped out with what I could at the moment. I also am not part of any social media but I'll do what I can to get the word out.

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Thank you very much XAVIERNY25. I appreciate your kindness. I'm hoping other members will see the new category and post. I am very grateful for everything.

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
I know not everyone has enough to share. If you can help I am very grateful. If you can see if you can help I'm grateful for that. And if you can share my link and a personal note to encourage your circles of friends to do the same, I can't tell you how much that would be appreciated.

I NEED YOUR HELP. I AM DESPERATE.
I'M STILL A LONG DISTANCE FROM MY GOAL.

It's very hard for me to ask for help, especially from people I don't know really well. I've mentioned these item before, and I'll keep it short: I've been without a real job for almost 6 years. I was shot in my dominant hand by a carjacker in August of 2014 (lots of talk about that when we were in the whore thread). My car is now in need of major repair as of April 28th, and on April 30th I suffered a fractured shoulder as a passenger in a car accident. My savings stretched 6 years instead of 1. No cable tv, cheap phone service with a 4 year old phone, and very tight budgeting. The car breakdown and shoulder were VERY unexpected setbacks.

In 2 weeks, 26 people, 4 of those 26 anonymous and one more donating a second time, have helped me reach $1155, a little over 15% of my goal. Thank you so much. I could not do it without:

Beth Holly, Tracy Dahlstrom x2, Jennifer Fairbank, Megan Lalli, Elaine George, Mrs. Suzanne Fillback Millspaugh, Karen Cole, Lynette Thompson, Cathryn Ly, Rich Honer, Donna Kateley Konarski, Todd Krauth, Kelly Hughes Keravich, Macaire Hill, Betsy Millen Leffingwell, Claire Cousineau Bennett, Lori Savage Goggin, Alan Page, Victoria, Jocelyn Hall Gooch Michael, Mooseman, Richard, XavierNY25, and 4 anonymous people.

Please, share my link with a personal note and let your friends know that every couple of dollars counts. It's so much easier for 500 people to help with $5 or $10 each than 50 or 100 to find an extra $50 or $100 each.

Thank you so much. I am very grateful and know that one day soon I will be in a position to help others again.

Marc

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Friends - Please share my link, my story, and maybe a few words of your own to your circles of friends.

I am still a long way from meeting my hopeful goal. I still need your help. I am so thankful for the people who have had the ability to help, and I'm asking others if you can help as well. I will be asking others outside of my circles and if you can help with that I will be very thankful. I'll be sending out emails and personal messages. I ask that you please share my post with a few words of your own to let your other friends know. Every few dollars helps. Every bit of assistance is greatly appreciated. And every share helps me as well.

I'll say it again for those who do not know: I've been without a real job for about 6 years. I was shot and lost use of my dominant hand 20 months ago and have been fighting with Social Security since. My car, though well maintained, is in need of a very unexpected repair. Two days after that issue surfaced, I suffered a fractured shoulder from a car accident that I was a passenger in. While I know there will be a small settlement, it could be a long time before it arrives. Being one armed right now has completely removed my ability to earn.

I could not have gotten a running start on my fundraising without help from: Beth Holly, Tracy Dahlstrom x2, Jennifer Fairbank, Megan Lalli, Elaine George, Mrs. Suzanne Fillback Millspaugh, Karen Cole, Lynnette Ulrichs Thompson, Cathryn Ly, Rich Honer, Donna Kateley Konarski, Todd Krauth, Kelly Hughes Keravich, Macaire Hill, Betsy Millen Leffingwell, Claire Cousineau Bennett, Lori Savage Goggin, Alan Page, Jocelyn Hall Gooch Michael, Mooseman, Victoria, Richard, Javier, and 5 anonymous people. Thank you so much.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
If I was in a better financial situation and wasn't still trying to save up to move out of Brandon's i'd contribute brother. I'm not on social media either, but i'll see what I can do to spread the word bud.

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Thank you Capote. I remember you were going thru your own tough times. If you can share it with some of the other members here as well. You're likely on a lot more than I am. And if you need it, I created a shorter URL:
http://tinyurl.com/pleasehelpmarc

Thanks Bubba. I appreciate any help.

Reactions: Capote

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Friends - Please share my link, my story, and maybe a few words of your own to your circles of friends.

I am still a long way from meeting my hopeful goal. I still need your help. I am so thankful for the people who have had the ability to help, and I'm asking others if you can help as well. I will be asking others outside of my circles and if you can help with that I will be very thankful. I'll be sending out emails and personal messages. I ask that you please share my post with a few words of your own to let your other friends know. Every few dollars helps. Every bit of assistance is greatly appreciated. And every share, whether social media, text, email, or word of mouth, helps me as well.

I'll say it again for those who do not know: I've been without a real job for about 6 years. I was shot and lost use of my dominant hand 20 months ago and have been fighting with Social Security since. My car, though well maintained, is in need of a very unexpected repair. Two days after that issue surfaced, I suffered a fractured shoulder from a car accident that I was a passenger in. While I know there will be a small settlement, it could be a long time before it arrives. Being one armed right now has completely removed my ability to earn.

I could not have gotten a running start on my fundraising without help from: Mooseman, XavierNY25, Richard, Beth Holly, Tracy Dahlstrom x2, Jennifer Fairbank, Megan Lalli, Elaine George, Mrs. Suzanne Fillback Millspaugh, Karen Cole, Lynnette Ulrichs Thompson, Cathryn Ly, Richard Honer, Donna Kateley Konarski, Todd Krauth, Kelly Hughes Keravich, Macaire Hill, Betsy Millen Leffingwell, Claire Cousineau Bennett, Lori Savage Goggin, Alan Page, Jocelyn Hall Gooch Michael, Victoria, and 5 anonymous people. I know you don't know most of them; a few I don't know either. That's the wonderful thing about some of the folks sharing it.

Thank you so much.
Marc

My fundraiser is here:

or an easier to remember address:

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Friends,

Again, I had a few more people who found they had enough to share. This weekend my cousin Michael, my Godmother Vicki, Laura Smith, an anonymous friend (I know who he is but only from seeing him at Starbucks), and Tracy (her 3rd time giving) all helped push my fundraising effort from 15% to over 20% of my goal. All of these folks know me personally or through Facebook.

I continue to seek opportunities for earning, but with one arm (and luckily voice recognition software to help with these updates) it's next to impossible. Monday I head to Social Security again and continue the fight. In the meantime, I still need to repair or replace my vehicle and get caught up on a few bills. As I've said to many people, I'm not asking for a new home or a brand new car. I'm not asking for the world, though it seems like the world to me. My savings lasted me a long time - almost 6 years - but I've come to the point of needing to reach out for help.

I ask if you can help. I ask for your kindness, your generosity, and I ask if you will share (or share again) my post. You can share it from the fundraising page or I have these posts on my personal page and their set to public. I'm hoping you'll add a few words to make it personal to your group of friends, whether on Facebook, Twitter, email, texts, etc. I've posted it a lot and Facebook doesn't always allow me to post the link. So, I've got them in graphics as well.
Thank you to all the people who've helped out so far. Thank you to all of the people reading this. And thank you to everyone who can help whether you have enough to share or you share my post. I am forever grateful.

Marc

My fundraiser is here:

or an easier to remember address:

help3.jpg

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Bump. Still need your help and hoping you'll share the fundraising page.
Thank you everyone.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online