I NEED SOMETHING in OHIO

MDBT

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Looking for a place to tint my front windows here in C-bus. Did some internet research and most of the places I'm seeing with websites are well over 100 dollars for a pair of windows. I've been hearing feedback from others that is a high price to pay, just wondered if someone could point me in the direction of a cheaper place or one that will at least be worth the money.

Wasn't sure if the tint made this an appearance question, or the location made it a Midwest section question, so I posted it in the Ohio thread. Staff please let me know if I need to move/remove and repost elsewhere. :undecided:

Pimp_My_Ride

Dec 2, 2011
MDBT said:
Looking for a place to tint my front windows here in C-bus. Did some internet research and most of the places I'm seeing with websites are well over 100 dollars for a pair of windows. I've been hearing feedback from others that is a high price to pay, just wondered if someone could point me in the direction of a cheaper place or one that will at least be worth the money.

Wasn't sure if the tint made this an appearance question, or the location made it a Midwest section question, so I posted it in the Ohio thread. Staff please let me know if I need to move/remove and repost elsewhere. :undecided:

Check out a place called Quality Window Tint. I had them tint my Impala, Trailblazer, and now I'm gonna have them tint my Sonata. You might wanna book a spot now, I can't get in until sometime next month! And for 2 windows, I think I paid less than 100.00

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
The above posts gave me an idea for a new thread. A place to ask other members for help or information in the state you live in. So this is it!

MDBT

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks for the suggestion Pimp, gave them a call and they're booked for 3 weeks and the estimate was 90 bucks. Better than the 140 I've been looking at and If I don't find somewhere else to do it next week I'll probably call back and be patient for an appointment.

MDBT

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Called around again and everyone seems to be booked until May, this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Damn, I didn't think window tinting was such a big deal/business... hope you can figure things out...

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
I didn't think so either. I had to wait a week and a half to get the wagon done!

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Akron is only an hour to an hour and a half away from cbus right?

To the OP, maybe you'd feel like taking a drive compared to waitin over a month for tint?

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
Boricua SS said:
Akron is only an hour to an hour and a half away from cbus right?

To the OP, maybe you'd feel like taking a drive compared to waitin over a month for tint?

He could come up to lorain to SIERRAS window tint in elyria to, a month is ridiculous

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Try Buckeye Sun Control in Marion. Try are usually a 2 week wait.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ghenny440 said:
He could come up to lorain to SIERRAS window tint in elyria to, a month is ridiculous

i wouldnt drive 2 and half to 3 hours just to get my windows tinted :crackup:

but i think AK is doable...

to the OP or others in CBus.. is this plavce really that reputable? or are they just short staffed and dont know how to book appts.?

MDBT

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
When I talked to Quality Window tint last month they had me waiting until the week after Easter. I have been busy with work the last couple weeks so I didn't call around then like I should have.

This week I have called just shy of a dozen businesses, the bigger shops and almost every one of the BBB registered shops are booked for a minimum of 2 weeks, and some won't see me until mid-May. Yellow pages turned up some more options, with most asking me to wait until the last week of this month. I did find a shop out towards Marysville that could do it in a week if I could leave the car with them all day but I don't have a way to get back from there and get to work if I drop it off in the morning.

I did find one shop on the south side with some good feedback that I'm going to try, they say they might be able to get me in Friday or Monday. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions guys. It's not time critical enough for me to spend $50 in gas to drive somewhere but we're getting close to the time when I start driving a lot and I'd like to have it done soon. That and my natural impatience when I am paying for a product or service made this a bit more frustrating than it needed to be.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Since technically any darker than 50% on the front windows isn't legal in Ohio I guess I'm a little surprised they are that busy :undecided:

MDBT

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Had a little shop east of downtown take care of it for me. A2Z Window Tinting. Tint looks good and the bill was only 85 bucks for the front 2 windows with the "high performance" film. It was one of only two shops that gave me an estimate under $100. Thanks for the help fellas.

JosueLT

Nov 20, 2011
Glad you got that worked out! :cool:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online