NEED HELP I need an advice

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Check the average Kelly Blue Book Value versus the Higher Mileage against these in the mid-Florida location...remembering that as long as these vehicles show as Bought and Sold ONLY in the Southern States... then you won't have to contend with any Hidden Rust and Corrosion Scale of the Lower Under-Carriage, Body Panels and Doors.

Please observe the condition of the VERY RUSTED UP Engine Lift Bracket under the Hood of the Black Envoy you are looking at indicates Salted Roads during Heavy Snow Conditions ...and perhaps more importantly... the comparison of the Lower Mileage for the Florida Envoy offers. It would almost be worth it to see if the Southern Dealers are willing to ship the SUV to your particular area for a few Hundred Bucks to a Local Dealership nearer to you... as THAT Black Envoy you have your eye on is DEFINITELY from a Rust Belt Region... So... Buyer... Always... Beware:

ENVOYRUSTYENGINEHOISTBRACKET.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Redbeard

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Never heard of them. Price looks high for that truck as well.

I like NADA vs KBB but you should use both since its free and simple when comparing pricing.

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
Check the average Kelly Blue Book Value versus the Higher Mileage against these in the mid-Florida location...remembering that as long as these vehicles show as Bought and Sold ONLY in the Southern States... then you won't have to contend with any Hidden Rust and Corrosion Scale of the Lower Under-Carriage, Body Panels and Doors.

Please observe the condition of the VERY RUSTED UP Engine Lift Bracket under the Hood of the Black Envoy you are looking at indicates Salted Roads during Heavy Snow Conditions ...and perhaps more importantly... the comparison of the Lower Mileage for the Florida Envoy offers. It would almost be worth it to see if the Southern Dealers are willing to ship the SUV to your particular area for a few Hundred Bucks to a Local Dealership nearer to you... as THAT Black Envoy you have your eye on is DEFINITELY from a Rust Belt Region... So... Buyer... Always... Beware:

View attachment 90051

I've had 3 GMT360's over the years and still have one with ~250k miles on it. It's an 02 Bravada. I have never seen this much rust on them and they spent their entire lives in Ohio and Pennsylvania - absolutely covered in salt 4 to 6 months a year. There is something else going on with that. That looks like the engine and engine bay sat exposed to the elements with the hood off completely for a very long time and then someone replaced some of the shinier plastic parts (resonators, etc...). The valve cover area below the oil fill hole is completely bleached.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I also think this one is overpriced. You are buying a vehicle out of Michigan, so its going to have rust issues, either hidden or widely visible.

WIth the miles that are on that one, price, etc... I know I would pass. I could sell you mine, which is completely rust free, and ship it to you, only a few more miles, with a V8, for cheaper than that one.

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online