I need a picture of upper rear trailing arm mount

gmac310

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Does anyone have a picture or can take one of the rear upper trailing arm mount that attaches to the frame? Either side doesn't matter, just need a good clear pic of the general shape, I need to know what the bottom looks like. I need to fabricate a new one because both of mine have rusted to the point that I failed an inspection. :mad: Thanks!
BTW, here's what mine looks like:
Resize.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The general shape is still there. That's what they look like except it is totally enclosed (the front edge comes all the way down to the bottom).

I thought I had a pic of mine (rusted with a hole, but not quite that bad) but I can't find it.

gmac310

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm wondering more about the bottom edge. It appears there is a long(ish) "tab" that extends from the mount along the frame. I can only see a little bit of that remains from corrosion, just wondering if it would benefit the strength by reproducing it on my new pieces.

smt 59

Your posts are coming through, I saw it last night. I was going to get a pic today as mine was going to be up on a hoist but they were to busy. To dark of a pic to send otherwise, will try again in the morning if that works for you.

gmac310

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Your posts are coming through, I saw it last night. I was going to get a pic today as mine was going to be up on a hoist but they were to busy. To dark of a pic to send otherwise, will try again in the morning if that works for you.
No problem, don't plan on starting until afternoon. Thanks!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
The original does have a little more past the part the brake cable attaches to, but not much.

gmac310

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
All set guys, nephew and I got it repaired Sat. Looks great, I'd take pics to post but phone crapped out on me and had to send it in for repair. When it rains it pours I guess! :hissyfit:

Jan 26, 2019
Fortwayne
Sa
All set guys, nephew and I got it repaired Sat. Looks great, I'd take pics to post but phone crapped out on me and had to send it in for repair. When it rains it pours I guess! :hissyfit:
Can you post some pictures, i have the same issues.. and do not know what to do.

I have a 2002 chevy trailblazer were the bracket has completely rusted off and the entire area around it is rusted. I dont know how to mount bracket on...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You are posting to a 2+ year old thread. Maybe best option would be to find a friend with a TB or go to a boneyard and have a look there. That way you can take all the pics you need and see it for yourself.

Reactions: Capote

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online