NEED HELP I need a hose...

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
I got three hoses on Amazon but they were not the right one. I need the hose that is curved and goes between the intake manifold and the engine below. The top end connects right next to where the brake booster hose connects to the intake. Please let me know which one this is!

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hello, I think I maybe able to help.

Is this the Hose you are looking for/at?...number 13 on the Diagram...if so it is called the Positive Crankcase Vent (PCV) Hose.
Screenshot_20160607-222806.png

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah, that is what I ordered, acdelco 12575660. How do I install it? There is no way I can get to that hose clamp after its in there? Also, if you check picture of that item on amazon, i dont understand how that hose clamp works - thank you so much!

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Those hose clamps are an arsehole. Get yourself a stainless worm drive hose clamp.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Hello, I think I maybe able to help.

Is this the Hose you are looking for/at?...number 13 on the Diagram...if so it is called the Positive Crankcase Vent (PCV) Hose.
View attachment 76477

Following on with @RTTBLT1 's suggestion...

#13 in his Diagram looks like this...and AFAIK and IIANM ... Has NO CLAMPS holding it in place on the 2002 TB between the bottom center of the lower Intake manifold and the upper center of the Engine Block... Not sure if the later model TBs require clamps and since I am the 2nd Owner ...the Original Owner may have removed the clamps from my TB and never bothered re-installing them. Here are some images of the many New Parts from my TB Parts List in my Photobucket:

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60...NEREPAIR/TRAILBLAZERENGINEPARTS?sort=2&page=1

DSC03651.jpg

DSC03654.jpg

Last edited:

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Following on with @RTTBLT1 's suggestion...

#13 in his Diagram looks like this...and AFAIK and IIANM ... Has NO CLAMPS holding it in place on the 2002 TB between the bottom center of the lower Intake manifold and the upper center of the Engine Block... Not sure if the later model TBs require clamps and since I am the 2nd Owner ...the Original Owner may have removed the clamps from my TB and never bothered re-installing them. Here are some images of the many New Parts from my TB Parts List in my Photobucket:

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60...NEREPAIR/TRAILBLAZERENGINEPARTS?sort=2&page=1

DSC03651.jpg

DSC03654.jpg
Hmm, that is a different part number. I ordered that one too. I think it goes somewhere else and is not what I'm looking for.

AtlWrk

Dec 6, 2011
Personally I wouldn't bother trying to order the part. Not sure if it's an option for you but when I was rebuilding a particular 1980's era engine replacement hoses were non-existent. That's when I discovered autoparts stores have a wall of preformed "generic" hoses of various sizes and shapes. #13 is just an L-shape a couple inches on each side, not entirely sure about the ID size but you or the counter guy should be able to find something that works. There's nothing special about it and it's probably cheaper off the wall versus an "acdelco" part (plus no waiting). :twocents:

Reactions: Blckshdw

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Any chance you can take a quick image of the old one and post it here? ...(Or did I also get it wrong that the old one was either installed and removed by you or just not available...?)

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Old one was non original replacement standard straight hose kinked to fit :'(

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
There isn't anything in the Rule Book that says you can't use a standard size hose and add in as many Brass or sturdy Plastic elbows with mini Rack & Pinion style Hose Clams to get all of the "kinks" out of the equation. :>)

Last edited:

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Well, I just took all the hoses I had ordered and took it to the shop and they made it work for me :smile: I don't know which one was the right one but it's done and now my Envoy runs somewhat properly again!

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm
Feb 18, 2017
Shreveport, LA
I actually needed this hose. It's a 90 degree hose, 5.1" in length on centerline and ID of both ends is .500". It comes with one clamp on the end that goes on the horizontal nipple.

1499244421-13806579_1.jpg

PCV Hose. Part number 12575660.

There's a similar hose that I purchased that's available from Autozone and Advance Auto with part #A71877 by Dayco. The inner diameter of the hose is too big and its too long. Hose ID of over .600". There is one hose that's almost an exact match but I can't find the part # right now. I'll update this when I find it.

Edit: Dayco 80383 hose. 6" centerline. 90* elbow with .500" ID on both ends.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.