I must be crazy

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
But my Trailblazer looks like it is lower then others that i see. I drive a 2006 Trailblazer LT EXT. When i pull up to any GMT platform car it seems like mine is lower then the others. Should i be worried?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
How much lower is it? Distance from ground to fender? How's your ride quality?

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
We (father and I) brought it new. Now it became mine. The ride quality is fine in the front. The back is another story.
We just changed the front suspension and it did appear as if the height got back to normal. But after 2 months it looks lower again!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If it's been used for towing with a high hitch weight, or a lot of cargo, the rear could indeed be sagged. Z71 Tahoe/Avalanche springs will restore the original ride height and 1.5" more. Airlift1000 bags inside your current coil springs can add cheap adjustability. New shocks may DEFINITELY be on the docket if you have 50-100K miles. Or more. On the originals.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
the roadie said:
If it's been used for towing with a high hitch weight, or a lot of cargo, the rear could indeed be sagged. Z71 Tahoe/Avalanche springs will restore the original ride height and 1.5" more. Airlift1000 bags inside your current coil springs can add cheap adjustability. New shocks may DEFINITELY be on the docket if you have 50-100K miles. Or more. On the originals.

Heavy Cargo check. We have put so much cargo in this car for no reason. Guess I should go buy new shocks with my next pay check! :wootwoot:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
kjkim93 said:
Heavy Cargo check. We have put so much cargo in this car for no reason. Guess I should go buy new shocks with my next pay check! :wootwoot:
As long as you know shocks do not affect ride height. A common misconception. You may also need new springs after you post your wheel well measurements.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
the roadie said:
As long as you know shocks do not affect ride height. A common misconception. You may also need new springs after you post your wheel well measurements.

That i forget once in awhile. And i just thought it was time. I have around 71,000 miles on the back shocks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online