I hate Dorman!!!

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If they could at least just stick to the simple stuff like vacuum lines and door hinges but no, they have to try and make complicated parts like electro-viscous fan clutches and MAF sensors..Case in point, I just had a Dorman MAF sensor go completely whacky on me after 8 months. Truck ran like crap, couldn't idle and stalled. Got codes for the MAF and IAT sensors. Even thew off the throttle body when I got REP. Unplug the MAF and it runs fine. Sure it has a lifetime warranty but I can't find the damned receipt.

And we all know that their fan clutches don't last neither. Damned made in Korea crap!

Dorman, stick to making screws and other little hard to find parts because you suck at making anything remotely complicated!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I have their HVAC mode actuator in my truck. Started to click again within a year if I put it to full dash vents. Doesn't always do it and it still works, but dang it that was frustrating.

Some of their other stuff is perfectly fine (I think I have their rear upper trailing arm on my truck, been just fine for example) but electronic stuff just doesn't seem to be their forte.

Mike w

Jun 24, 2014
Crap i just replaced my fuel lvl sensor with dorman.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Mooseman said:
And we all know that their fan clutches don't last neither. Damned made in Korea crap!

Dorman, stick to making screws and other little hard to find parts because you suck at making anything remotely complicated!
I have had one on my TB for almost 5 years now.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
djthumper said:
I have had one on my TB for almost 5 years now.
Are you sure it's really working? Have you tried to test it? It may be dead and you don't know it yet.

Mike w said:
Crap i just replaced my fuel lvl sensor with dorman.
Just be sure to keep the receipt! If it's one of those thermal paper type, scan or take a picture of it as they will fade.

Reactions: Mike w

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Case in point, I just had a Dorman MAF sensor go completely whacky on me after 8 months.

Aw, Moose...you know better than that! LOL :Banghead: :nono:
You have my sympathies...at least it's an easy job... :tongue:

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Zombie revival. The Delphi MAF that replaced the Dorman has been fine since.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Bought two Dorman front brake hoses today, the included copper washers have a smaller ID than the hole in the banjo connector, so they were useless and I had to reuse the old washers....stupid Dorman.

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I was just reminded that my hate for Dorman started early when I used their CPAS in my newly swapped engine in 2011. They sucked then and they suck now.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.