Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I particularly like the back seats. :yes:

$_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

{tpc}

Jan 22, 2014
It looks cool, but why not just buy an escalade and have the real thing?

I guess I'd have to see what it started out as. $500 junker? Or he just got tired of his old tahoe and decided to drop 17k in parts on it to make it look like an escalade?

Reactions: kickass audio

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
That is awesome. I wonder how they got things like the cluster and hvac to work since they are CAN. :undecided:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If he had access to a junker Escalade, he could have just swapped everything except the body and frame.

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
Mooseman said:
If he had access to a junker Escalade, he could have just swapped everything except the body and frame.
That would be my guess as to what was done, then just a little blending of door skins so the fenders fit right and a TON of labor and custom fab work for mounts.

personally would have rather had the tahoe without the big fat ugly nose, but I don't care for any GM front clip designed after 2005.

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
{tpc} said:
It looks cool, but why not just buy an escalade and have the real thing?

I guess I'd have to see what it started out as. $500 junker? Or he just got tired of his old tahoe and decided to drop 17k in parts on it to make it look like an escalade?
Two doors less.......

carshinebob

Jun 13, 2014
It looks well done. Nothing in the add says everything works like it should. I wonder if it's as good in person as in the pictures. ~BOB

Reactions: {tpc}

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
carshinebob said:
It looks well done. Nothing in the add says everything works like it should. I wonder if it's as good in person as in the pictures. ~BOB
Yeah,those little things can be the killer in a project like that. Like they say "the Devil is in the details" ....Mike.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Rear seats are probably bolted into the floor pan sheet metal with self tappers :tongue:

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
No doubt it's 2WD and with those wheels/tires it's going to be a bitch in the snow... :wink: ...Mike.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pretty sure anyone with that much of a custom truck could care less about 4x4 or snow. It is one sweet looking conversion...esp that interior.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
northcreek said:
No doubt it's 2WD and with those wheels/tires it's going to be a bitch in the snow... :wink: ...Mike.

:poke: I hear those Los Angeles snow storms every winter are pretty brutal :raspberry:

Reactions: SnowBlazer

{tpc}

Jan 22, 2014
carshinebob said:
Ya, you have to wonder about the ebay specials. I had a buddy who saw a custom caddy in florida for a good price on ebay. Won the auction and flew down to drive it back. I think he barely made it down the street to a mechanic before he had to put in a new alternator or something...then he made it into Georgia before something else broke and he couldn't go any further. Had to have it transported all the way back to michigan, and he had to rent a car and drive back.

So costs:

Car
Plane ticket out there to get said car
First car repair
Car transport back home
Rental car home

And then he still had to fix it. But hey it looked real cool. :wink:

That said, I sold a car on ebay and they guy drove from illnois or indiana to buy it, so not all bad deals out there. :smile:

Reactions: SnowBlazer

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
HARDTRAILZ said:
Pretty sure anyone with that much of a custom truck could care less about 4x4 or snow.
I guess you didn't notice the wink.........

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Right over my head :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online