hvac problems a lot of them

samfaucette

Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
hi, came to the site after not getting any help from another forum. however i do have an odd problem. i have a 2002 trail blazer with the (cj2) auto climate control. i bought the car used and it had vent direction flow problems the mode door actuator attaches to a plate that's slotted and moves doors when it spins. that plate was flexing and not moving the doors properly so i put an extra screw in the mount for that assembly and a new mode actuator dorman number 604-115. so now those doors move properly and blow out face, floor, blend, defrost. however the defrost (was) stuck open as if it was in a default mode i have re calibrated the unit with a scan tool and by removing the fuse the defrost actuator will swing both ways to find its end points but after that it goes open. i replaced the defrost actuator with a new one dorman number 604-115 same as the mode door actuator (my friend at chevy says it uses the same number) re-calibrated the unit and now it is stuck closed no defrost. the main unit mode door will move the other vents from face to floor and shut when only defrost is selected but no air blows on windshield. the head unit was replaced because the temp controls were erratic the problem was going on before and after the head unit. there are no codes in the hvac and all doors move easy and make a full swing by hand. i looked in the duct with a scope and nothing is broken. i know there is no magic answer but i am stuck. thanks Sam

samfaucette

Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
that may explain why i got no response. i do have an odd problem thats not going to have a one word answer. the main problem is its my wifes car and i get it for an hour or two at night when i dont feel like working on any more cars. tonight im going to re check my counts, wiring harness, and blend motor and see what ive got after that. thanks for the help Sam

AbsoluteZero

Nov 21, 2011
On several occasions Roadie has posted a graphic listing the various HVAC servos and their respective part numbers. Check this link: http://gmtnation.com/f23/hvac-acuators-dash-removal-2193/
It looks like the Defrost servo has a different ACD part number from the Mode servo. I brought a ACD Defrost servos last year for about $30+/- from Amazon. Can't comment on Dorman having the same part number per your Chevy friend.

samfaucette

Original poster
Feb 11, 2013
you were correct i fixed my problem tonight all i had to do was put the correct part on the car. what happened was the defrost actuator went bad i replaced it with the wrong part and then tested/checked everything but the basics. after i called chevy and we searched my part by the vin and not application we found the driver temp blend motor is the same as the defrost motor not the mode actuator like i was originally told. so after loosing sleep and wanting to shoot my car it was a simple fix the correct dorman part number is 604-111 hope this helps someone thanks Sam

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online