HQ DOHC Engine Model of the 4-Stroke Cycle

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is an excellent Video for Newcomers and Experienced Mechanics as well in describing and visualizing what is not readily apparent in the Four Cycle Operations of a Double Over-Head Cam, Multi-Valves per Cylinder, Multi Cylinder Engine. Regardless of the Choice of Manufacture… the Camshafts always turn at One Half of the number of Rotations of the Crankshaft. Even with the different example shown here of the Camshaft Drive being accomplished via a Cog-Wheels and a Precision Matching Notched Fabric-Rubber Belt… these Principles shown here still hold true for the Gear=Chain Drive GM Modern Series of Aluminum Inline 4, 5 and 6 Cylinder Engines:

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Hmm...I went to the site to see if I could find a video on Atkinson-cycle (vs. the traditional Otto-cycle we're all familiar with... and the site looks to be more art / 3D rendering / animation related, than purely 'automotive' in nature. No worries - I was just curious.

Caution - if you go through the slides on the homepage - there is one that might be considered NSFW. Didn't offend me in the least; just wanted to give a cautionary heads-up to those viewing in a non-private environment. :thumbsup:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Good Catch @Reprise... I edited Post #1 accordingly...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online