Howdy!

Instrumental

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
Thought I should do the obligatory introduction thread. I've been lurking between both sites and Saab Central for a few weeks as I was looking at various GMT360 options and settled on my Saab 9-7x. The information I found was very helpful.

Here's a fun story for you: I drove about an hour to find my Saab, after a lot of searching it was the right one, and the dealer was willing to work with me. I traded in my faithful Aztek (towed a popup to Yellowstone and back for me, plus so much more) and did the deal. As I was pulling off the dealer lot, (not on the street yet, mind you) I rear-ended the guy pulling out in front of me. So, I got to drive my new toy pretty much straight to the body shop for the 1st two weeks I owned it. The damage shouldn't have been to bad, except I caught the guy's Avalanche hitch just right to catch the hood too.

Looking forward to many miles!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to the site!

Ouch! All of that excitement and didn't even get out of the lot. :frown:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Glad you made it here. Guess the Saab's off-the-line accel was a bit more than the Aztek's? :wink: Or maybe a dirty sticky throttle body? That can be fixed cheaply.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
When I was shopping for a car, my parents wanted me to look at an Aztek. I said no. I think those things are ugly. I got my white TB instead. :yes:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome aboard

Instrumental

Original poster
Jan 29, 2012
That Aztek was a great car. I too initially stayed away, until a salesmen showed me one. It's funny, the most vocal critics of the Aztek never set foot in one. It fit my needs perfectly at the time, there thing about the layout of the Aztek that I find far superior to the 9-7x, but it was time and I DO need more towing capacity then I had. I pushed the limits of the Aztek a bit too much past comfort, I know I've got more then I need now.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hiya, Welcome to the Nation.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Instrumental said:
I too initially stayed away, until a salesmen showed me one. It's funny, the most vocal critics of the Aztek never set foot in one.

OK, I guess I'm biased.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online