NEED HELP how to turn off DRL's forever

rolo95

Original poster
Jan 2, 2019
USA
I know that pushing the cabin lights switch 4 times turn off the DRL's but that state do not remain, every time you turn off the truck and back ok again, the DRL's come up and i need to push the magic button 4 times, that happened every time, is there a way to let the DRL's remain off ?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There are some threads and write ups on DRL killers on this site. You can look in the appearance section, and also the article submissions section. Lots to choose from.

Reactions: Matt

rolo95

Original poster
Jan 2, 2019
USA
ohh, so the 4 button press procedure is just temporary, i want to add some Morimoto V2 LED bulbs, but i do not want to be on all the time , just when i flick the headlights on with the switch

Reactions: Storm Gray Metallic

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There's no single correct way to disable the DRLs, that's why there are a few write ups from folks who did them differently.

You can also modify your lighting system with the 4 high mod (high and low beams on together when the stalk is pressed forward, just like flash-to-pass) or even 6 high, to include the fog lights if you have them on your truck.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Factory fog lights are controlled by the BCM via momentary button in the headlight switch assembly, so that's a difficult proposition since that would require reprogramming, or a BCM swap, plus the wiring. Aftermarket with your own custom switch would be easier/faster/cheaper. Also, the non fog light bumper doesn't have the factory mounts, so you'd have to make your own, or do a bumper swap.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I just learned something today. I can turn off the DRL with 4 presses of the interior light switch? Mine might be disabled though because, well, Canada.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah Canada that feature is disabled (regulations).
I did the relay at the rear fuse box mod to disable mine.
For some reason I have not bothered disabling them on my Silverado evem though it is a simple fuse pull.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I did the lancematic DRL killer mod three years ago. Still works fine. One thing I would recommend is to use a very small 12v relay, not the big 30a automotive relay commonly used.
You only need to switch a small control signal to the solid state relay in the fusebox.
I think a small transistor would could do the job too. Possibly even the added relay isn't even necessary - the on current for the solid state relay may be low enough that it should be possible to directly connect the indicator led power to the SSR on - maybe with a small current limiting resistor.

Aug 14, 2023
Bristol, PA
ohh, so the 4 button press procedure is just temporary, i want to add some Morimoto V2 LED bulbs, but i do not want to be on all the time , just when i flick the headlights on with the switch
Adding LEDs are why I am here also..

I just learned something today. I can turn off the DRL with 4 presses of the interior light switch? Mine might be disabled though because, well, Canada.
Me too

There's no single correct way to disable the DRLs, that's why there are a few write ups from folks who did them differently.

You can also modify your lighting system with the 4 high mod (high and low beams on together when the stalk is pressed forward, just like flash-to-pass) or even 6 high, to include the fog lights if you have them on your truck.
What You can set it set there's a way to turn both your high beams and low beams on the same time? Where can I find these instructions?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Where can I find these instructions?

There are a lot of write ups in the article submissions folder.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And the FAQs. Check my signature for the link to them.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Or just get the DRL to provide full time power to the headlights with the cap mod at the rear fuse panel. Its what I did on my Envoy with HID.

Adding LEDs are why I am here also..

Me too

What You can set it set there's a way to turn both your high beams and low beams on the same time? Where can I find these instructions?
Remember, you living in PA this is kinda important. LED's provide no heat to keep your headlights defrosted/snow covered in the winter months.

This is the specific reason I went to HID over the LED.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online