How to take out headliner? Easy?

Canary2323

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Looking to take out my headliner jury wondering how easy it it. If anyone has done it and knows the steps? It's 06 with sunroof if that matters. Thanks

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I don't have a sunroof, so I don't know the details behind that, but you'll have to remove the upper trim pieces at the A, B, C, and D pillars. T-50 torx bit is needed for the rear seat belts. Depending on your A pillars, a Phillips head screw driver could be needed, or just pop them off.

If you have an overhead console, there's 2 screws inside where the sun glass holder/dome lights would be (closest to the rear of the truck) the front is held in by clips. Plain Jane sunvisors only have 3 screws to remove, the ones with vanity lights have a more tricky release method. I know there's a thread on the OS about it. The passenger roof handles are just screwed in I believe.

I don't know for sure how the dome light wiring is ran/attached, so you may want to pop out the housings to disconnect the wiring harnesses. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. If I missed something, I'm sure someone else will fill in the gaps. :thumbsup:

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
How to remove the rear seat overhead handles ? How to remove the plastic covers over the handle screws?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Geez Necroposting :raspberry:
The end caps pop open, there's a small indentation on the sides that you can pop open with a small pick or flathead IIRC.

Reactions: paul2005tb

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.