How-To: Safely enable & disable airbags

Mike534x

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be, so I'll put it in here. Saw May03LT (can't seem to tag him in the post?) uploaded a video with two different methods for enabling, and disabling the airbag to do work on the steering wheel and what not. Figured this could be useful to anyone if there wasn't info on how to do it in the FAQ section of the site. I assume this method would work with all the GMT models.

I'm definitely going to try his second method involving the fuse, since I need to change out my steering wheel switches in the Envoy since all but one button lights up. This came at a good time, since I believe the clockspring in my Avalanche has a dead spot since the steering wheel controls work whenever they want to on a good day....so another project to add onto the list.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well that's pretty easy!

Reactions: Mike534x

Mike534x

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Plus side to the fuse pull, no worries about the actuators killing themselves from the battery disconnect... :2thumbsup:

Reactions: TollKeeper

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
About ten years ago I was looking for this info and was unable to locate it, but still wondered what it would take to disable it. Now I know.
thanks

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online