How to reset your oil change light

kartracer_3

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
HOW TO RESET YOUR OIL CHANGE LIGHT ON A 03 TB 4.2L
Turn key on and press the gas pedal 3 times with in 5 seconds of the key being on {Make sure to press the pedal all the way to the floor} Then wait for your light to go out. Start engine to make sure light stays out. Turn key off and then start again to be sure.

I tried getting the light to go off like 20 or so times. It would not stay off. The key is to leave the key alone until light goes off, after working the gas pedal 3 times.

hope this helps
KR3
:thumbsup:

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
If you have the DIC I believe you can also press and hold the "enter" button on the steering wheel while the oil life is displayed.

kartracer_3

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Yes and on a side note if you misspell any thing in the title of your posts YOUR stuck with it ,lol.
:crazy:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I think after pressing the peddle 3 times you have to wait until the oil change light BLINKS at you. Then shut the ignition off and turn it back on.

Ran into this a while back and if you don't wait for the blink, it don't clear.

kartracer_3

Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
Mark20 said:
I think after pressing the peddle 3 times you have to wait until the oil change light BLINKS at you. Then shut the ignition off and turn it back on.

Ran into this a while back and if you don't wait for the blink, it don't clear.

Mine did not blink it just went out . So you have to wait for it to go out or blink.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
kartracer_3 said:
Yes and on a side note if you misspell any thing in the title of your posts YOUR stuck with it ,lol.
:crazy:
Ummmmm, no. Fixed. :wink:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.