How to replace the ignition switch?

ElAviator72

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Anyone want to repost the sticky topic from the former site? :wink:

Also, it would be nice if we could get some diagnostic info for how to diagnose a bad ignition switch...:thumbsup:

infamouz

Dec 3, 2011
Definately need this now, my truck all of a sudden doesnt start. Everything else works like lights, wipers, seats, locks, etc. And I read that most of the time its the ignition switch, or starter. Really stressed about this too since I work in the morning:frown:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Why not access one of the online manuals and use the directions there? Gale Cengage Product Failure

Take some pics while you are at it and do the writeup... submit it as an article, get some credit. I would but I don't have to do the work.

ElAviator72

Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Tried that-

Apparently, GM doesn't acknowledge the ignition switch problem :sadcry: no service bulletins at all on it.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
ElAviator72 said:
Tried that-

Apparently, GM doesn't acknowledge the ignition switch problem :sadcry: no service bulletins at all on it.

Tried to use the manual to replace it? All I did was provide a link to online manuals for you to use. I see Kardain just turned them into a PDF of the same thing.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
djthumper said:
Tried to use the manual to replace it? All I did was provide a link to online manuals for you to use. I see Kardain just turned them into a PDF of the same thing.

Tbh, I didn't check your link first :sadcry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online