how to remove gorilla tape from the intake mfld !

JEvans

Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
While trying to recover a wire clip for one of the throttle body connectors, i had attached a piece of Gorrila tape to the end of a screw driver to retrieve the clip. The tape immedialy blew off into the open end of the intake hole & went down one of the cylinders. I freaked out. The engine was off, & i had already cleaned the throttle body, but now i was sure if i fired up the car, the engine would go boom !
I grabbed a portable vaccume cleaner & attached a flexiable hose to the end of it & proceeded to suck the intake until i felt confident enough i had got the piece of sticky tape out. The wire clip now is stuck
permenantly between the exhaust mfld & the side of the engine, but it will only melt away, & will not affect anything else. Moral of this episode is 'when you are cleaning your throttle body once removed from the intake cover that hole up with something to protect from anything flying inside. It is a bitch to try to get objects removed once gone down those tubes into your engine.
I opened the vacumn cleaner & found the gorrila tape inside.
the car run like new....but it took me an extra 90 minutes to do what should have only taken an hour !
cheers.
:crazy:
Not a mechanic!

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
One time I forgot to remove a rag from the intake. I started the engine and I had a reduce engine light. Take the intake apart and there the rag was stuck on the throttle body.

Also another time I dropped the TB bolts between the intake manifold and engine, holy moly it was hard to get back.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
OK, I have to ask....

You screwed up and made a huge mistake, but thankfully managed to find your way out. How is this worthy of an article submission?

JEvans

Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Regulator said:
OK, I have to ask....

("One time I forgot to remove a rag from the intake. I started the engine and I had a reduce engine light. Take the intake apart and there the rag was stuck on the throttle body."
"Also another time I dropped the TB bolts between the intake manifold and engine, holy moly it was hard to get back."

-You screwed up and made a huge mistake, but thankfully managed to find your way out. How is this worthy of an article submission?-

It seems obvious !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online