How to remove climate control buttons?

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I've had a broken button on my digital climate control for the past year and was checking out the ebay listings for AmericaTopAuto. I figured I'd see if I could get a non-functional unit for cheap (my controller still works fine, its just a cosmetic thing), and he was able to come through for me!

So now I have a mostly-disassembled climate control sitting on my bench, and the buttons I need (the five across the bottom row) are sitting here mocking me... There is obviously some kind of slot they are sitting in, but no matter where I slide in a knife blade or pry with a screwdriver, I can't seen to figure out how to get these buttons to pop free.

Any suggestions???

The good news is I have a preview now of what's to come, and I have my LEDs all ready to swap in while the unit is out of my truck. :2thumbsup:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Well, none of my bottom 5 buttons broke, but my fan speed UP button broke a few years ago. I pryed it off with a small (eyeglass repair) screwdriver and replaced it.

However, I have nothing for you on the lowers. I'd assume it would be the same.

Shdwdrgn

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
This one already had the front of the fan button removed. It looks like it just slides in...

Wait, these are two-part buttons... I just need to figure out how they snap together and find a wow to pop them apart. OK, that helps!

[EDIT] All right, turns out the proper technique is just to manhandle them. I grabbed the white part from the back side and pulled on it, and the little clip tabs popped loose and the buttons came out. The only button that got broken was the one I was trying to gingerly pop loose with a screwdriver. All the others just popped right loose. :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online