How to release air from rear air bags?

NT1078

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Hi all, 2003 Envoy 5.3 XL here. I would like to drop my rear air suspension by 2". I read it's easy to do by pulling the fuse so it learns the new height, however you need to release the air first. Anyone with experience with this?

I do not wish to replace the air, it works perfectly (at the moment, lol)

I am installing my TBSS wheels and want the hitch height to be the same as with stock wheels.

Thanks in advance and stay safe, everyone!
Adam

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
As far as I know, this is not how the air level sensor works. The leveling rod that connects the axle to the sensor has to be adjusted physically.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep. You just turn the height sensors as much as needed equally.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I may be miss-reading, but, the overall diameter of the SS wheel and tire combo is the same as your stock set-up. It should not change the hitch height.

NT1078

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
I may be miss-reading, but, the overall diameter of the SS wheel and tire combo is the same as your stock set-up. It should not change the hitch height.

The OD of the TBSS wheel measures 2" greater which I calculated will affect hitch height by 1". The hitch was a little high before so I am thinking another 1" will do it. Note: The hitch cant be adjusted in height, it's a weight distribution hitch already set to lowest position. Cheers!

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The OD of the TBSS wheel measures 2" greater which I calculated will affect hitch height by 1". The hitch was a little high before so I am thinking another 1" will do it. Note: The hitch cant be adjusted in height, it's a weight distribution hitch already set to lowest position. Cheers!

The SS wheel is 2" bigger, but, the sidewall of the SS tire is 1" shorter. The tire itself is the same height as the stock tires, about 30" or 30.5". I may be mistaken.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online