NEED HELP How to properly pin point a code C0306

matty8412

Original poster
Jun 27, 2019
Canada
My 06 TB ext lt has a code C0306. Does anyone have a step by step detailed instructions to deal with this problem?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Seems pretty straightforward:

It's either the encoder motor or wiring.

Reactions: matty8412

matty8412

Original poster
Jun 27, 2019
Canada
So I still haven't solved the issue for the code C0306. I changed the brand new encoder motor for a new encoder motor and still no luck. I also cleaned all the ground wires that I could find. Especially the one under the driver seat under the truck that is located on the cab mount. Still no luck. I called the chevy dealership and they said I would have to get the tccm flashed. What should I do?
Seems pretty straightforward:

It's either the encoder motor or wiring.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Is it a new TCCM? If so, yes it needs to be flashed. A used one will go right in, no flash required.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
So I still haven't solved the issue for the code C0306. I changed the brand new encoder motor for a new encoder motor and still no luck. I also cleaned all the ground wires that I could find. Especially the one under the driver seat under the truck that is located on the cab mount. Still no luck. I called the chevy dealership and they said I would have to get the tccm flashed. What should I do?
I think "cleaning all the grounds" isn't enough... you might try getting a meter and do some electrical checks at the pins involved. IF the code description is correct, the problem isn't grounds, its powering that is getting shorted to ground or open.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher