How to Flush a Heater Core (safely)

dogfish246

Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
Hey guys,

It is that time of year again when we need heat in our trucks so here is how to flush out your heater core using a hose in a safe manner to reduce any chance of damaging your heater core.

I got a 25F increase in heater temperature which is awesome!

Let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD2LGkUycQg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
As usual, a great video. Even though I don't have problems with mine, I should flush it. Up here, it can make a huge difference!

Reactions: dogfish246

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
:iagree: Awesome video. I know my when my heat is on, I usually have the sunroof up to circulate the airflow because it blows very hot air.

Reactions: dogfish246

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
dmanns67 said:
:iagree: Awesome video. I know my when my heat is on, I usually have the sunroof up to circulate the airflow because it blows very hot air.
That's what the Auto HVAC is supposed to be for :yes:

linneje

Apr 26, 2012
I haven't done this on my Envoy, but plan to in a couple of weeks. Do you need a special tool to get the hoses off (i.e. is it a quick connect to get the hose off at the firewall)? I don't need to do the back lines, just the front ones for the Ext model.

dogfish246

Original poster
Jul 25, 2014
linneje said:
I haven't done this on my Envoy, but plan to in a couple of weeks. Do you need a special tool to get the hoses off (i.e. is it a quick connect to get the hose off at the firewall)? I don't need to do the back lines, just the front ones for the Ext model.
I do not think you need any special tools to disconnect the heater core hoses from the firewall. Just be gentle so you dont twist or crush the nipples the hoses attach to!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.