How long do you plan on keeping your Trailblazer / Envoy?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And use your 04 as a winter beater to save the 08 from the salt, extending its life even more.

Reactions: Eric04

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Wow that 08 is clean! Its a shame GM stopped doing two-tone offerings. Both the Red on pewter, and Blue on pewter were my favorite combos for the TB. I wish they offered the same for the Denali line, a Black on silver/pewter for the Envoy's would have been sick.

I'm keeping mine until the wheels fall off, with everything I've invested into it so far it still beats having a car note. Granted, if I came across a nice Tahoe/Yukon that was newer/low miles I'd make the Envoy into my winter beater. But right now, its been the best vehicle I've owned. Chicago area/NWI make it difficult finding a used vehicle that isn't rusted, been in several accidents, or beaten to hell and back and particularly Envoys/TB are the worst I've seen up here. :frown:

Last edited:
Reactions: Eric04 and Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I'm several years away from retiring my 2004, and this guy is asking a little more than I'd pay, but at 42,000 miles I'd be tempted to make an offer and drive it until the doors fall off.

Ive seen that one many times in my CL searchs. If it had a V8 I would be all over it, its optioned almost perfect... ALMOST.

Reactions: Eric04

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Ive seen that one many times in my CL searchs. If it had a V8 I would be all over it, its optioned almost perfect... ALMOST.
The guy selling this is a real Dickweed. I tried to tell him that it didn't have every option available (as he stated) since it didn't have a V8. He told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that the V8 was only available in 2008 in the Ext. TB.
I had to inform him that they didn't make the EXT. in 08 and the V8 was available for his 3LT then he started ranting something about Biden ?...stay away from this guy...:crazy:

JayArr

Sep 24, 2018
Mission BC Canada
I'll keep mine until the wife gets tired of driving it. Probably 10-15 more years. She is the primary driver around town as a grocery getter and a dog hauler. We also use it to tow our trailer for camping/vacations. As long as I keep it fully functional she's happy, we drove a 97 Blazer for 15 years. She knows that cars and vacations come out of the same pile of money so requesting a new car means we only go camping that year instead of to Europe.

It was high mileage when I bought it (260K kms - 162K miles) and had a blown head so I pulled the engine and while it was out I did the whole front end. Steering rods, ball joints, bushings etc etc. In the last month I've changed the transmission since it was slipping. So now I've got a drivetrain with very few miles on it AND I have an engine and transmission in my garage that can be rebuilt.

Cars don't really rust on the west coast of Canada (Vancouver) so that's not an issue, the bigger challenge is to keep it running without her feeling like it's "always breaking" which can spur her to want a new one. It's my job to stay ahead of things and do more preventative maintenance than repair.

Feb 6, 2020
Florida
Just got the title in hand for my 04 TB ext today from the dealer. Been paid of for about 3 months just finally had the time to get over there and pick it up. Its officially mine.. title in hand. Not gonna lie it's a bit ugly but been doing all the mechanical stuff 1st before I do paint and body and the interior the way I want. So definitely keeping mine for many years to come. Its a great feeling knowing you owe nobody for it..now I can really get down to work to make it my own and with any luck and the good lord above I'll be able to Pass it down to to one of my boys or grandkids..
😀😀🥰🥰

marineguy99

Mar 21, 2014
My '04 with 207K miles on it is now our extra vehicle. It's my Home Depot/Lowes/camping/moving my college kids/family trips vehicle. No engine or transmission problems since ownership. Unless I break down on the side of the highway at some point and get mad at it, I'm hanging on to it for several more years. It's just dependable and worth a lot more to me than what I can sell it for.

jerflash

Aug 12, 2020
NYC
I plan on being the last owner of my 2008, it is in awesome shape and I just rebuilt the whole front suspension, brakes, power steering lines, and POR-15ed the whole undercarriage. no rust on the body at all. will daily it for as long as it looks good, probably 5 or so years then make it my upstate NY only truck, buying property up there soon. Maybe I will lift it and put huge tires on it then lol

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
and POR-15ed the whole undercarriage.

If you don't mind me asking... how much product did you use? I got one of their trial kits and was able to do one frame rail on my Sierra, from front bumper mount to just past the firewall.

I figure at that rate, I could probably do the entire frame tip-to-tip, with about 2qts or so of the paint. But since you're here, I'll get some input from you, as well. (and thx!)

jerflash

Aug 12, 2020
NYC
If you don't mind me asking... how much product did you use? I got one of their trial kits and was able to do one frame rail on my Sierra, from front bumper mount to just past the firewall.

I figure at that rate, I could probably do the entire frame tip-to-tip, with about 2qts or so of the paint. But since you're here, I'll get some input from you, as well. (and thx!)
I think I used like 1 qt. I was at my buddy's shop who stocks the stuff so I could have gone crazy but I did most of the frame, what I could reach, and suspension components. I think with 2 you could do absolutely everything

Reactions: Reprise

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online