Hot Sauces

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I for one am a big fan of hot sauces. Love to try new and different ones. I go for more flavor than heat, but it has to at least be kinda warm. I am prolly a bit jaded though because what I do as mild is often super hot to others.

But...I wanted to share a couple sauces I have been using recently and see if anyone had any insight to others to try.

White Zombie Sauce-- Has become my go to wing sauce. I think of it as a not to hot, but really flavorful sauce. Kinda has a sweet tropical flavor but with a solid kick that makes it great in my book. Not real expensive either. Not the easiest to find locally, but with looking I have found it a couple places.

White Zombie Hot Sauce

Thai Monkey Sauce-- Same maker as the previous but totally different flavor. Works great with Chinese food like eggrolls. I like it with grilled chicken. Teriyaki based and not too warm, but a good sauce.

Thai Monkey Hot Sauce

Dave's Insanity Sauce-- Hot...Fun...Hot...Can knock out some people that "think" they like hot. I first tried this at a bar where they gave you a beer if you could dip a toothpick in the sauce then keep it in your mouth for 5 minutes with nothing to drink. Seems simple, but after a few people failed I had to try. Made it, but it was warm and is fun to let people try. Good for cooking too since a couple drops can fire up some chili. Has a good flavor even with the heat.

Dave's Gourmet Insanity Hot Sauce

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I used to HATE spicy and stuff and then I started to get myself used to some hot sauces and there are some I really like! But I do not like a ton of heat. Just a little to feel some! I rather have a ton of flavor also :yes:

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Dave's Insanity Sauce-- Hot...Fun...Hot...Can knock out some people that "think" they like hot. I first tried this at a bar where they gave you a beer if you could dip a toothpick in the sauce then keep it in your mouth for 5 minutes with nothing to drink. Seems simple, but after a few people failed I had to try. Made it, but it was warm and is fun to let people try. Good for cooking too since a couple drops can fire up some chili. Has a good flavor even with the heat.

Dave's Gourmet Insanity Hot Sauce

There is now a Dave's Total Insanity hot sauce which is even more brutal. You even have to be careful about how many drops you put in a big vat of chili..!! :crazy:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
you know, you would think with me beiung hispanic, that i would love spices and spicey stuff... but im the complete opposite... some due to no interest in it, but mostly due to acid reflux.. was just diagnosed with it last year.. so i now have to watch alot of what i eat...

when i did eat "unhealthy" so to speak :crackup:.. one of the hot saucces i liked was at QS&L.. its called buckeye barbaque.. nice sweet and tangy, but has that kick in the pants that you look for.. not as much as others.. but enough to be good and tolerable...

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Off topic but do they sell these anywhere else? Because if not Im going to have to send you some Hardtrailz.
Its Hot Related atleast
* Red Hot Riplets*by*Old Vienna LLC.

As far as hot food im not a crazy man but I do like spicier foods not kill my mouth ghost chili hot.
My favorite is from a local bbq place called pappys it has been on manvfood and all those other travel and food network shows lol
Hollys Hot Sauce | Pappy's Smokehouse

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Those chips sound awesome but they did say st Louis only.

Wahugg

Dec 4, 2011
I love hot sauce!!
I have gone as hot as possible with all local and food chain restaurants.

I am sure many of you are aquinted with Quaker Steak and Lube. Well here is myself after eating the triple atomic, but to my disimay they only made bumper stickers for the regular atomic, not the triple!!:hissyfit:

View attachment 19040

The three fingers represent the triple atomic, not a gang symbol like one on my friends mum thought it was!!:eek:

-Wahugg

Attachments

• 401097_347309108618238_100000174562636_1658301_514930670_n.jpg
    401097_347309108618238_100000174562636_1658301_514930670_n.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 9

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
Those chips sound awesome but they did say st Louis only.

Well if you want some pm me your adress and I will ship some next week

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
davenay67 said:
There is now a Dave's Total Insanity hot sauce which is even more brutal. You even have to be careful about how many drops you put in a big vat of chili..!! :crazy:
Haha, don't rub it into your eyes :raspberry:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
MMMmmmmm Quaker Steak and Lube!

Hot wings, more MMMMMMmmmmmmmm....

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Mark20 said:
MMMmmmmm Quaker Steak and Lube!

Hot wings, more MMMMMMmmmmmmmm....

this thread is going to make me wanna cheat on my diet :crackup::rotfl:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
I used to be in a hot sauce of the month club- it was awesome but my 1 year ran out and I never renewed... I wish I could remember some if the names I had, there were some crazy ones...
http://hotsauceofthemonth.com/

In my fridge now: good old tabasco, voodoo sauce, a homemade habanero sauce my brother in law makes, and my all time favorite El Yucateco red habanero.

View attachment 30059

'Blair's' also makes a line of hot sauces called 'death' sauces. They range in different levels of heat but they come in little coffin shaped boxes. They are awesome. Search for Blair's Mega death, ultimate death, sudden death. They're all good...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375820249.563666.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375820249.563666.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 14

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
There's a wing shop up here and they have a sauce called the "Flatliner" which is more heat than flavor but I wouldn't really know since my last recollection was downing a glass of milk from a dap on a toothpick. This is some real serious stuff....I could try to get you a sample and mail it to you, not sure if they will do that but I will try. I know you have to sign a waiver before you get any.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online