Horn don't work

NJTB

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
All;
I searched the threads on this and can't find the answer.
Horn stopped working, but does work with the key fob. Spent some time in the garage today, and checked the fuse, not the relay because the key fob works.
Popped the air bag off and removed the white plastic piece with the 2 red wires, expecting to find grunge, found nothing. Got out the ohm meter and checked the contact under the white piece to the blk/yel wire at the connector on the steering column and had continuity.
Plugged the white piece in and checked continuity from the 2 small red wires to blk/yel, was ok. Then checked continuity from blk/yel wire to the torx bolts under the air bag. Every time I pushed the spring loaded thing it showed continuity to the blk/yel wire.
My problem is I can't follow this wire to the fuse box.
Does anyone know what connectors this goes through?
I don't have a problem running a new wire to the fuse box but I can't even find where it goes into the fuse box.
Any help is appreciated.

Trkdrvremt

Oct 22, 2014
NJ
What if you turn the wheel back and forth while holding down the horn? It could be the contact ring...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There's no contact ring. It's a clock spring but it's still worth a try.

Does it work if you short the wire in the column before the clock spring?

NJTB

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
Mooseman;
I haven't tried that yet but on the menu for tomorrow. I'll use a test light instead of a meter. Also have to worry about the neighbors.
i looked at the previous posts with schematics and it seems, since the key fob works, the problem has to be in the connector on the steering column. It seems the key fob/horn wire join there.
Thanks for the replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online