Hood insulation pad source?

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
Can't find a source for a ready made pad for underhood insulation on my 06 Trailblazer. Any suggestions or is it just as easy and cheaper to cut my own?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
You looking for a stock type one? Iirc they're NLA so it may be worth doing a DIY.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
:iagree: DIY ...IS... Worth a Try!

Reactions: Blckshdw

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
All the OEM ones I've seen are ridiculously priced. Usually because they're typically only listed on various GM parts websites. You're better off making one yourself, or going to a Pull-A-Part and removing one from a hood there. I've seen plenty that are in really good shape still.

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
Thanks guys. This is a fresh newly painted hood, and I've had the clearcoat & paint on other hoods in other vehicles come apart from the heat, so I want to do something. Any suggestions on the best materials?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
Don't know that sound deadening is that important to me for the hood. I'd rather go for heat reflection to protect the hood, assuming the material would be less expensive.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Don't know that sound deadening is that important to me for the hood. I'd rather go for heat reflection to protect the hood, assuming the material would be less expensive.

There was an option for Hoodliner on their site. Heat resistance, in addition to sound deadening properties. :twocents:

Attachments

• 2013-Hoodliner-2003.pdf
    504.6 KB · Views: 8

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
There's options for heat insulation in the list.
http://www.dynamat.com/the-hoodliner/
You'd have to use that SKU number to look on like Amazon, Ebay, etc. to find one. They don't sell directly from their website.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher