homemade trailer question

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
If someone else built it, and you didn't put it together yourself, doesn't your state allow you to register it with a Bill of Sale?

Some states don't even register trailers so there has to be some way to register it if you don't have a title or receipts.

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
In ct to register as homemade need proof where you received parts. Ie receipts and vin #s its a pitfa Trailer was never registered so no paperwork

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
So I found that website which allows me to reg it in maine through the mail on that website just wanted to know if anyone had experience with them

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I've seen that service discussed somewhere else and it seemed legit though I have never used them.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I just googled for reviews and it seem legit.

Should move to GA, Call GSP, run your paperwork (BOS) and then you are good to go to get a tag.

jonbo2002

Sep 27, 2012
if it was a popup there should be a title for it. the vin should be somewhere on the frame. It probably won't be as long as a car vin, I know my popup I turned into a utility trailer has a vin about half as long as a car. if you can find a vin you should be able to put in a request for the title.

jeffro312

Original poster
Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
Thanks for all advice I ended up finding a snowbear trailer fit my needs for a good price. With title plus old reg papers solves my big registration issue and for 250 box can't really go wrong

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Actually was worried about this with my truck bed trailer but in IN, all I need is the bill of sale it came with.

Your original ?---never heard of that site.

Just an fyi...We have had a trailer converted from an old pop-up for years and it is the best trailer to pull. We have about a half dozen trailers at any time, but I just can not let that one go. Handy as hell and a breeze to pull and back up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online