HOLY SH**!! Anyone ever seen this? WOW GM screwed the pooch not building this!

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Lol! I'd kill for that cluster. Hell the whole truck. No title? No problem. I have a black 2004 Rainier now. Problem solved lol. Number of times I've had a cop check my VIN in 28 yrs of driving? Zero! lmao I'd roll that all over NW Ohio!

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Just the fact that it was built intrigues me. I'm working up a similar build with my 04. Easier to buy one built that way in the first place lol. Never had even heard of that thing till I stumbled across it today. No way I'd give $40k for it. Maybe the $20 it sold for at Barrett jacksons. If I had it. I'll have that in mine if I ever get that far with it.

Wish they'd have sold those though. Maybe with a better set of seats. I'd love to have an all black interior for mine. Hate that tan crap

Jun 16, 2014
Not a fan, at all to be honest. Interior looks like a cheap aftermarket garage got a hold of it, Exterior molding is awful, and definitely a no go on the grill. But hey its 1/1, which makes it worse in my book. :twocents:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
06whiteenvoydenali said:
Not a fan, at all to be honest. Interior looks like a cheap aftermarket garage got a hold of it, Exterior molding is awful, and definitely a no go on the grill. But hey its 1/1, which makes it worse in my book. :twocents:
For the most part, that's all stock stuff, except for the grille, which is usually chrome.

I don't dig the wheels, I think thinner and longer spokes would look better. The roof rack is throwing me off, those bits of orange are saying North Face marker lights to me, but they are way to small (I think) to be a knock off of those.

125573.jpg

125579.jpg

Reactions: fletch09

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Different and surprisingly appealing to me.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I like the bit more rounded features as compared to a Voy.

Chuck Bunyon

Jul 24, 2014
I love the chrome Joe Gibbs wheels. Probably one of my favorite sets I've ever owned. I now have the urge to find another set and have them drilled for my Envoy.

24v 4.2

Jan 16, 2013
I want the spoiler! Anybody know of any aftermarket spoilers simular to this? I always liked the one on the Trailblazer SS concept.

Reactions: DFWWIZ

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Probably two things prevented it from going to production. Price and competition with the TBSS. But why, oh why, didn't they put that supercharger on the 6.0L???

And have you watched the video? That supercharger just sounds badass!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Tm7NdLrEc

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH

Gutless

May 27, 2014
Basically what I want to do with mine. It should be called a GS though. GS to me has always meant V8, GN has always meant turbo V6. Although the late 90's early 00's GS regals were V6 but supercharged. Only way IMO to have a GN is black turbo v6.

Wheels are ugly
Would have looked better with the 84-86 GN style grill with the chrome top part on the grill
Guages are stock with a crappy sticker printout and a lazy GNX thrown on it. Blah.

TBSS style wheels and calling it a GS would have made it WAY better. Heck even the stock wheels with blackout centers more like a 84-85 GN would have been better.

Some dumb blindly loyal GN fan will buy it just so they can have it next to their GNX just to have it though since it has GM paperwork.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Before you guys shit all over this thing, remember that it was a one off concept vehicle. Probably they just used the parts that they had available. But would I buy it? Probably not because licensing it would be next to impossible because it never met safety standards and the VIN is probably invalid. Saw a concept TB being peddled in the internet and it had the same problem. Couldn't be licensed. I'd buy it for the parts.

Tiggerr

Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
BlazingTrails said:
After watching the video, all I really see is a supercharger and ugly wheels. They didn't even lower it. Anyone could buy a Ranier v8 and supercharge it for way less that the asking price.
Price is ridiculous for sure. Would've been a hell of a truck had GM had a brain and produced it. Myself I like the wheels. Definitely needs lowered. Look as the residual values of an 80's gnx or even a gn or t-type. Look how tbss has kept value. Another case of coulda woulda shoulda by GM. IMHO. I've always been more of a Buick/Oldsmobile guy than a Chevy fan though.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The seller is banking on the rarity of it. Is it worth the money? No.

GM has a history of bonehead moves. Look at the B body they killed in 1996. Just when demand for the Impala SS was ramping up, they killed. It was also a major loss in market share to law enforcement with the Caprice gone.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
More than a TBSS that's for sure.

Reactions: TexazReece

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Reminds me of the mid 80s when GM had the friendly competition between divisions with Chevy Monte Carlo SS, Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2, Olds Hurst 442, Buick Grand National(X). At least I have one of the 4. :yes:
Thye could have made this a reality but then the "bean counters" always have cut away the "fun".

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online