hid headlight problem on 03 envoy

hommer

Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
hi to all out there in gmt nation (eastern canada) a couple of months ago my son installed hids in my 03 envoy xl that was the start of my problems . Firstly there was the drl issue with flickering lights, we seemed to get that sorted out using the capacitor method but my current problem is that periodically my drivers side light stays on . Toggling the light switch from on to off doesn't help,i was told to try a flick the high beam off and on also using the hand brake or the shifter will not shut this light off i would then have to disconnect the lightt to shut it off.... question is there a relay for each hid and is the relay sticking or do i have a wiring issue.... help please any one with a similar issue with hids thanks ...HOMMER (eastern canada)

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
hommer said:
hi to all out there in gmt nation (eastern canada) a couple of months ago my son installed hids in my 03 envoy xl that was the start of my problems . Firstly there was the drl issue with flickering lights, we seemed to get that sorted out using the capacitor method but my current problem is that periodically my drivers side light stays on . Toggling the light switch from on to off doesn't help,i was told to try a flick the high beam off and on also using the hand brake or the shifter will not shut this light off i would then have to disconnect the lightt to shut it off.... question is there a relay for each hid and is the relay sticking or do i have a wiring issue.... help please any one with a similar issue with hids thanks ...HOMMER (eastern canada)

If you used a relay harness, which you should have, then it sounds like a bad relay harness.

hommer

Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
dmanns67 said:
Any update on your HID issue?

as of yet i perodically still have the issue with the driver side staying on and it normally seems to happen at night when the headlights are on (switch) not drl. i have to unplug the headlight to turn it off

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
hommer said:
as of yet i perodically still have the issue with the driver side staying on and it normally seems to happen at night when the headlights are on (switch) not drl. i have to unplug the headlight to turn it off

Welcome from toronto! If you install a relay harness it should fix your problem. Its $20-$30 at places that sell HID kits in toronto. Could also be a problem with the way you wired the cap mod. I'm running fogs only as DRLs and have the cap mod for my HIDs at night (took off the relay harness to use as the fog drl mod) and no problems other than one of the HIDs not firing up when started in the dark (just have to buy another relay harness)

But why are you using the switch to power on your lights instead of letting the light sensor activate them instead?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online