HID FOGS LOW BEAMS AND LEDS on my TB

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
View attachment 18751

Cant tell which is which. But. I will describe. The Low beam HID is wired through the relay harness from DDM tuning and a DRL module from VLEDs. 4300K. Fog lights are 5000k i believe.
LED for interior is 20 SMD 6000k bulbs. Found them on ebay 10 for 9.00 free shipping. The license plate bulb is a 4 led bulb from superbrightleds.com. Reverse lights i bought off ebay. I dont really like them. But will leave them on for a month then switch.

Attachments

• 2012-02-13 18.20.52.jpg
    2012-02-13 18.20.52.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 2012-02-13 18.04.10.jpg
    2012-02-13 18.04.10.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2012-02-13 18.04.30.jpg
    2012-02-13 18.04.30.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2012-02-13 18.04.24.jpg
    2012-02-13 18.04.24.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2012-02-13 18.03.47.jpg
    2012-02-13 18.03.47.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 12

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:thumbsup: Nicely done :yes:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
by far one of the first mods, if not the first mod, over performance thats a must have on a GMT...

nice upgrades :thumbsup:

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Both of you are my inspirations! I plan to get a used SS in about 2 years. But right now this is good enough. I tried to do the mirrors but i couldnt find a torx bit that fit.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
kjkim93 said:
Both of you are my inspirations! I plan to get a used SS in about 2 years. But right now this is good enough. I tried to do the mirrors but i couldnt find a torx bit that fit.

Don't tell me that, or I'll just encourage you to stick LEDs in more places :bonk:

I think you need a T-10 bit for the mirrors. You might be able to go in from the top, if you take the mirror covers off :undecided:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
Don't tell me that, or I'll just encourage you to stick LEDs in more places :bonk:

I think you need a T-10 bit for the mirrors. You might be able to go in from the top, if you take the mirror covers off :undecided:

i saw the screw in the mirrors... i'll be tackling this shortly...

and yes!!!! do not get started on the LED's :raspberry:

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
i saw the screw in the mirrors... i'll be tackling this shortly...

and yes!!!! do not get started on the LED's :raspberry:

Lol. Right now. Im just waitng. :crazy: college and not having a steady job is making my mod itch slow down alittle bit. But i love the LEDs though. Much better then the stocks.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
kjkim93 said:
Lol. Right now. Im just waitng. :crazy: college and not having a steady job is making my mod itch slow down alittle bit. But i love the LEDs though. Much better then the stocks.

thats what i used to say too... then i thought... hmmm.. $5 bux here... $20-$30 bux there... and here i am today.. almost completely overhhauled lol...

it just also means your mod list will get longer... my SS is parked for the winter.. and i was just planning on leaving it parked.. but then i was like hmmmmm.... so a Avalanche 3rd brake light here, load resistors there.. now i have a nice list of things to do when i bring her out :rotfl:

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
thats what i used to say too... then i thought... hmmm.. $5 bux here... $20-$30 bux there... and here i am today.. almost completely overhhauled lol...

it just also means your mod list will get longer... my SS is parked for the winter.. and i was just planning on leaving it parked.. but then i was like hmmmmm.... so a Avalanche 3rd brake light here, load resistors there.. now i have a nice list of things to do when i bring her out :rotfl:

Why does everything have to be so cheap! lol. Thats the only reason im at this point. Avalanche 3rd brake light is def the next. But the first thing i would have to do is fix my rear bumper :frown::redface:. Reversed into a concert pillar.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
kjkim93 said:
But the first thing i would have to do is fix my rear bumper :frown::redface:. Reversed into a concert pillar.

i definetly know the feeling there... i did that last year at a gas station.. dont kow how i missed the pillar.. but sure enough.. i heard a crunch... luckly my brother is an auto body collision tech... (hes got a thread on here for his work http://gmtnation.com/f41/josues-collision-repair-thread-1128/) so he hooked me up for the cost of just the materials.. then surprised me with a shaved bumper (step pad on the top)... so i know how you feel...

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
i definetly know the feeling there... i did that last year at a gas station.. dont kow how i missed the pillar.. but sure enough.. i heard a crunch... luckly my brother is an auto body collision tech... (hes got a thread on here for his work http://gmtnation.com/f41/josues-collision-repair-thread-1128/) so he hooked me up for the cost of just the materials.. then surprised me with a shaved bumper (step pad on the top)... so i know how you feel...

Wow. Thats really great work :thumbsup: hopefully mine looks like that when i get mine fixed. and OMG the cargo light is PITA to remove :mad: broke 2 mini flat head screwdrivers :crazy:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
kjkim93 said:
THE CARGO LIGHT HAS BEEN DONE!!!!!!! :smile: It was such a PITA though -____-

it happens lol... mine was kinda easy if i remember correctly... glad you got it all hammered out :thumbsup:

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Boricua SS said:
mine was kinda easy if i remember correctly... glad you got it all hammered out :thumbsup:

Me too. Now my interior looks much better and brighter :thumbsup:

DevilishT2003

Nov 21, 2011
Looks good! I put HIDs in my lows and fogs tonight and LOVE IT. I knew I would i have just been putting it off.

kjkim93

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
DevilishT2003 said:
Looks good! I put HIDs in my lows and fogs tonight and LOVE IT. I knew I would i have just been putting it off.

Me too. I had my fogs for a month then i finally broke down and got it for my lows. Its looks great. I cant drive without them.

WillyGood

Jan 31, 2012
I am also currently on the led binge. Most recently I did the reverse lights and like the creator of this thread, I just ain't feelin it... I'm not even sure what they were I put in I guess 25 smd? I'll leave them for a while but my question is what other options are there for the back up lights?

Next I'm doing the 3rd brake light. Does anyone have suggestions on that? what to get, where to get it kinda thing? I want to change out the lens also but can't seem to find one.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
WillyGood said:
Next I'm doing the 3rd brake light. Does anyone have suggestions on that? what to get, where to get it kinda thing? I want to change out the lens also but can't seem to find one.

Avalanche LED brake light. Lots of threads AND an article on it. :book:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online