HID conversion issues

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I bought the kit to put HIDs in, I put a relay in to bypass the automatic headlight turn in and daytime running lights (parking lights still operate like factory don’t know if that’s an issue) and installed a wiring kit so the HIDs have their own power source but one keeps going out!? After about 2 minutes one of the headlights turn off and I trouble shot the bulbs and ballast and the problem doesn’t fallow either although it does seem to be happening only on the passenger side.
Any help would be great cause it’s driving me nuts lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Sounds like it could be an issue with the relay harness itself. If you unplug the ballast from the harness, and check for voltage with a meter at the harness' plug, do you see voltage, or no?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
And does manually turning on the headlights change the issue?

Reactions: Blckshdw

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
When I switched the lights over to manual the problem still occurred and did so even after I put the harness in after just the ballasts weren’t working properly but it changed nothing.
I’ll check the voltage and post tomorrow because as of now I don’t have them in my truck but without testing I would assume there has to be voltage since both lights come on for about 2 minutes then one cuts out not both just one and it doesn’t follow the bulb or the ballast and seems to be only on the passenger side? It’s driving me nuts lol! I went to school for mobile electronics and was the installation manager at circuit city and I can’t figure it the hell out lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
and did so even after I put the harness in

:confused: So your passenger side was cutting out, BEFORE you installed the harness as well? What type of relay harness do you have? Is the relay triggered by just the driver's side low beam signal, or does your use inputs from both low beam plugs?

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Yes the relay harness made no difference after I put it in. As far as the inputs I’m not sure they haven’t been hooked up in months but this weekend I’m going to put them in again and check and post it when I’m done

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Hmm, I would then suggest doing a voltage test at the low beam plug inside your passenger headlight, and the harness that plugs into the bottom of the passenger headlight assembly, when that side goes out. I think your problem is further upstream from the HID equipment.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online