HI.. new here

Krazy Kanuck

Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
Comox, BC. Canada
I have a 2003 (SLE) & a 2005 (SLT) GMC Envoy. My 03 is my beater, and I take it places it probably shouldn't go.. I have a set of 6x5 to 6x5.5 1" adapters. CAN I put a set of 265/65R17 GMC Sierra wheels & tires on my SLE, without cutting the fenders?

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Honestly I think you could throw those tires on some stock Trailblazer 17's with no spacers and they'd fit just fine. Might be close to the ubj but trailx's thread on ortb said they'll fit without spacers. That's probably what I'd do

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Edit: Never mind, when I ran the 265/65 they fit fine, when I bumped up to the 265/70s, those made contact with the UBJ and top of the fender liner on some curbs and speed bumps.

Reactions: Matt

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You prolly need to grind the non-threaded portion of your stock studs to use the 1 inch adapters...FYI

Reactions: djthumper

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
You prolly need to grind the non-threaded portion of your stock studs to use the 1 inch adapters...FYI
If you do go with your 1 in spacers and end up grinding the end of the lugs off make sure you put the lug nut on the stud before grinding it so if the threads get screwed up you can just turn the nut off and it'll fix the threads.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome! At least this Kanuck admits he is crazy by name. He will fit in with the rest of them that don't advertise it. :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
We shall see!

Welcome from a fellow crazy canuck!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
  • Haha
Reactions: Mooseman

Krazy Kanuck

Original poster
Dec 1, 2020
Comox, BC. Canada
I tried to mount the 265/65R17's on my other set of rims, and I ripped out my sidewall, on the shock tower, when I was in some pretty gnarly terrain (stuff not ment for an Envoy, which I do on a regular basis). My 05 had terminal Transmission issues, and wasn't in the mood to dump a couple of grand into it.. dropped it off at my favorite Wrecker, pulled the stock wheels & tires, the power drivers seat, and the rotors. scrapped the rest. The OBDII codes, were a mile deep anyways.. THIS VIDEO is almost an hour long, and shows the kind of crazy things I do in an Envoy..
and last Nov I tried to run it as a Submarine..

Anyways January: I have other issues that have come up.. *new thread*

Attachments

• Submarine.jpg
    Submarine.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 11

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online