DEAL HF 150 PSI "R2-D2" Vertical Air Compressor $170

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I can't swear that this one falls into being a "Great Deal" ...other than the fact that for Great Features and Utility...THIS flavor of Air Compressors beats all the others I've seen so far ...hands down. I had to replace the Old, Rusted-U-Boat-In-Dry-Dock Air Compressor that went away with all the other Junk I just had cleaned out of my Back Yard, With the deposit of my Tax Time Money… I decided that since this one has been getting good reviews, it would be a fairly good replacement that will provide more “OooommpH” for my Air Tools and ...it really turns out to be so MUCH EZR to Maneuver and Park on a Tiny Foot Print in the Garage:

Enter: The Harbor Freight version of a Red “R2-D2” 150 PSI Air Compressor:

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60dgrzbelow0/library/AIRCOMPRESSORHF150PSI?sort=3&page=1

http://www.harborfreight.com/17-gal-18-hp-150-psi-oilless-air-compressor-69666.html

image_21335.jpg

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This item will not be one that is a High Volume Seller... regardless of any serious price drop... But if you decide to get into using an Air Compressor capable of pushing Air Pressure approaching 150 PSI... it is very important to get off on "The Good Foot". Adding in this inexpensive, easy to use Water/Oil Separator is a good idea:

(1) Its NEW... So try to get going right from the start by to following the initial "Seasoning 30 Minute Break-In Period " and let the Machine rest long enough to cool down before you start Beating the Hell out of it hard and doing any real work... fresh out of the HF cardboard box.

(2) Please... I know you'll be tired after using this damned thing... but when you are done... Take the time to Drain the Condensed Water extracted as water vapor from the inlet side that has surely settled in the bottom of the tank. Under static, sea level pressure of 14.7 PSI... we all know that water left for weeks at a time on plain steel and iron is bad enough at rapidly causing Rust. But under extremes of High Pressure... Water Condensate is whole 'nother Animal and gets weird and as it aggressively attacks the internal surfaces enough to eat into it and weaken its integrity. This is the reason why, by law...Compressed Cylinders must be periodically hydro-statically to ensure they will not rupture from corrosion eating them from the inside out.

(3) If you have any Beloved Pneumatic Tools that you are inclined to use on a fairly regular basis ... but then carelessly drop in the Bottom Drawers of the Big Tool Chest without Oiling their innards to prevent their Steel Components and fine gears and wheel parts from Rusting, ... spend the $7.00 at the very least... and help to keep the Water out as much as possible. By installing this discreet Water/Oil Separator in the Base of the Handles and press the Clear Cylinder and pressing the release valve button as frequently as a Trombone Player in a Miami Beach Side Band on a Hot Summer Night. THIS is just about as cool an HF Tool Helper as you can find... and your Air Tools will show you some love by performing better:

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60...PRESSORHF150PSI/DSC00650.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=1

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
This item will not be one that is a High Volume Seller... regardless of any serious price drop... But if you decide to get into using an Air Compressor capable of pushing Air Pressure approaching 150 PSI... it is very important to get off on "The Good Foot". Adding in this inexpensive, easy to use Water/Oil Separator is a good idea:

(1) Its NEW... So try to get going right from the start by to following the initial "Seasoning 30 Minute Break-In Period " and let the Machine rest long enough to cool down before you start Beating the Hell out of it hard and doing any real work... fresh out of the HF cardboard box.

(2) Please... I know you'll be tired after using this damned thing... but when you are done... Take the time to Drain the Condensed Water extracted as water vapor from the inlet side that has surely settled in the bottom of the tank. Under static, sea level pressure of 14.7 PSI... we all know that water left for weeks at a time on plain steel and iron is bad enough at rapidly causing Rust. But under extremes of High Pressure... Water Condensate is whole 'nother Animal and gets weird and as it aggressively attacks the internal surfaces enough to eat into it and weaken its integrity. This is the reason why, by law...Compressed Cylinders must be periodically hydro-statically to ensure they will not rupture from corrosion eating them from the inside out.

(3) If you have any Beloved Pneumatic Tools that you are inclined to use on a fairly regular basis ... but then carelessly drop in the Bottom Drawers of the Big Tool Chest without Oiling their innards to prevent their Steel Components and fine gears and wheel parts from Rusting, ... spend the $7.00 at the very least... and help to keep the Water out as much as possible. By installing this discreet Water/Oil Separator in the Base of the Handles and press the Clear Cylinder and pressing the release valve button as frequently as a Trombone Player in a Miami Beach Side Band on a Hot Summer Night. THIS is just about as cool an HF Tool Helper as you can find... and your Air Tools will show you some love by performing better:

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60...PRESSORHF150PSI/DSC00650.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=1
Too bad I literally have no place to keep it...... I hate having a studio apartment...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online