Hey stef....where u at!?

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ok man....we need u back on the site...whered u go?? Be nice to see u poke your head in here every now and again. You still have your SS??

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
jrSS said:
Ok man....we need u back on the site...whered u go?? Be nice to see u poke your head in here every now and again. You still have your SS??

I've never really left. Just been very quiet. :redface: I check the forum on a daily basis Sir.

Sadly no, I've moved on from my SS. Traded her in. She was costing me too much in repairs & fuel. :frown:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
harmless said:
I've never really left. Just been very quiet. :redface: I check the forum on a daily basis Sir.

Sadly no, I've moved on from my SS. Traded her in. She was costing me too much in repairs & fuel. :frown:

No way!! Glad to see ur around still.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Got something smaller but with a little oomph behind it. A 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo. Little sucker packs a 201HP turbo boosted 1.6L engine!

:thumbsup:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Nice looking car stef....but its not american muscle bud. I can understand why you got rid of the ss though. Gas is not cheap.
Are u still doing vinyls??

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Love the color. I really thought about buying one for my commuter car.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
jrSS said:
Nice looking car stef....but its not american muscle bud. I can understand why you got rid of the ss though. Gas is not cheap.

Thanks. I went from $100+ a fill up to less than $50 and I doubled my mileage per tank of gas. I know it's not "American Muscle"... We tried many vehicles in the comparable specs and this one was the better one of the bunch in regards to build quality, HP/performance, accessories, appearance... They have a plant in the US, so I'm still supporting North American jobs. :smile:

jrSS said:
Are u still doing vinyls??

For you guys, for sure!

HARDTRAILZ said:
Love the color. I really thought about buying one for my commuter car.

Thanks! We love it too! Dude. It has heated leather seats - standard option (that still blows me away)! As far as small cars go, this is the better one in the bunch IMO.

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
How is it as a daily? I'm planning to get either a sonata turbo, genesis coupe turbo, or velostar turbo. :tongue: lol whatever has better gas mileage then my trailblazer

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
kjkim93 said:
How is it as a daily? I'm planning to get either a sonata turbo, genesis coupe turbo, or velostar turbo. :tongue: lol whatever has better gas mileage then my trailblazer

All the above have better mileage than your TB. :rotfl: We chose the Veloster Turbo because it doesn't look like everything else on the road. I considered the Genesis for a brief moment until I realized that it looked like every other sedan out there. :lipsrsealed: As a DD, I have no complaints about it - it's got all the features we wanted and then some plus some balls to go along with the looks.

Wooluf1952 said:
Like a ninja. :biggrin:

But now you need to change your picture. :rotfl:

Seems so eh! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

animal

Dec 4, 2011
And I just thought you were spending all your time on the street corner waiting on an actual "Paying" customer:raspberry:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
animal said:
And I just thought you were spending all your time on the street corner waiting on an actual "Paying" customer:raspberry:

No... I learned quickly when you as fuhgly as I am, you can't charge much. :raspberry: :rotfl:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Very nice Steph! You should still visit us buddy.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
TexazReece said:
^^:rotfl: those are kinda nice. I love the color and I bet I can move for it's size :thumbsup:

It sure can! It weighs next to nothing so it can boogie when you need it to. :cool:

djthumper said:
Very nice Steph! You should still visit us buddy.

Thank you Sir - and I plan to! I check in every day. :thumbsup:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Numbnutz said:
Any upcoming mods to that nice looking machine

I'm still learning what's out there for this toy... For now, I'm doing some drilled/slotted rotors from R1Concepts and possibly lowering it an inch or so. :thumbsup:

I've already got a strut bar and aftermarket exhaust on it.

Gotta find out if my dealership is MOD friendly before doing anything to the engine. :undecided:

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Glad to see that you are ok Stef I had a 2012 Elantra for the gas mileage we got June of 2011. In 2 years we put on over 80k and had a warranty file at the dealership that was crazy. We were in for warranty work at least once a month if not more. We got rid of it since the warranty was up at 100k and we would be out of it in less than 6 months. I found that overall the build of the car was cheaper. We went with one of my original choices in the first place a Mazda3 with the skyactiv power train. Way better car but cost a bit more. Enough of me bitching so enjoy your new car and I hope it services you well not like the piece of shit I owned.

Numbnutz

Dec 11, 2011
harmless said:
I'm still learning what's out there for this toy... For now, I'm doing some drilled/slotted rotors from R1Concepts and possibly lowering it an inch or so. :thumbsup:

I've already got a strut bar and aftermarket exhaust on it.

Gotta find out if my dealership is MOD friendly before doing anything to the engine. :undecided:

Its a great looking ride, Im kinda sad i didnt get to see the SS before she was gone.

I dont think dealers are usually keen for engine mods, they would most likely pick any small thing to avoid having to pay out for warranty work :no:

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Thanks guys.

Some days I still can't believe that she's gone. :frown:

Then I fill up the car and feel a little better knowing she's gonna make someone else happy and eat their money for a while. :rotfl:

As for the dealership, oh I know how they can be, that's why I'm being careful of what I change on this thing... I've got an 8 year/160000KM warranty I have no intentions of voiding anytime soon! :crazy:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I don't know why Tapatalk didn't show this thread. Congrats on the nice ride Stef.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
CdnGMan said:
Don't worry guys... I plan on dragging his sorry butt out to any meets that Canyonaro & I attend...

He's not getting off that easy... :raspberry:

I expect nothing less!!! :raspberry: and I'll hold you to it too!! :thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online