HEY!....I just learned how to text

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
A young man survived an unbelievable accident earlier this month.

The State Patrol says the 22-year-old from Pullman was on his way back to school in Idaho when he fell asleep on Interstate 90 near Deer Lodge, Montana.

His SUV drifted off the road and the guard rail(120LF) went straight through the vehicle.

The man was not injured.

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
I learned my lesson texting and driving a couple years ago. I had just gotten off work, and was on the way to a buddy's house. It was raining and I was texting him to let him now I was on the way, when I looked up from the phone, I was feet away from a stop sign (going around 60mph) I hit the brakes, slid through the intersection, missed a light pole by what seemed like the skin of my teeth, and tagged a small metal sign and slid sideways into a field (no ditch, thank God) after checking all my important parts were there (and I hadn't pooped myself lol) I got out to assess the damage. A new bumper, left fender, and headlight later...I was back to normal.
Now? you either call me, or I'll respond when I get to where I'm going :redface:

Could have been a lot worse, but I'm glad I learned that lesson the way I did...I've seen MUCH worse~

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
In Newfoundland its illegal to use a cell phone while driving, that's any use. So people don't put the phone up to their ear to talk because they might get caught. Instead they keep it on their lap and text :hissyfit: I don't agree with either, but at least while talking on the phone your eyes are up and not staring at your crotch! :eek: It takes greater concentration to text then talk.

05EnvoyXL

Dec 27, 2012
My friend swears this is a fake pic but im sure it isnt. OMFG hes sooo lucky to be alive. Ive never seen something like that before. My wife always screams at me when I even attempt to answer a call in my truck. HHmmmmm....might have a actual reason now to buy a bluetooth system for the Envoy :undecided:

willn513

Dec 4, 2011
NewfieEnvoy said:
In Newfoundland its illegal to use a cell phone while driving, that's any use. So people don't put the phone up to their ear to talk because they might get caught. Instead they keep it on their lap and text :hissyfit: I don't agree with either, but at least while talking on the phone your eyes are up and not staring at your crotch! :eek: It takes greater concentration to text then talk.

Can you use hands free/Bluetooth up there?

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
LMFAO

Conner299

Jan 16, 2013
That's the main reason I like my CB. Cobra 29LTD BT. I can answer calls and talk through the mic. Otherwise, I used to not even look at my phone while driving.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Althou texting was not the cause of the accident pictured..

I love my BlueFusion that I have in my Envoy. Still searching for the right nav system for my wifes car, and she will also be getting BlueFusion.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Good thing he had no passenger :eek:

I always hated phone calls in the car. Holding the phone up to my head was always a major distraction for me for some reason, and not so much the conversation itself. If traffic is much more than just the ho-hum cruising on the highway I tend to lose track of the conversation easily as my focus is on the traffic. Now with the headset I feel more relaxed on the phone while driving, though I'll still lose focus on the conversation in heavy traffic lol.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
I've driven drowsy before. No fun. Almost went off the side of the highway, almost went straight into a concrete wall, and drifting between lanes a couple of weeks ago.

I hope I'm not the only one who almost never texts. Especially at 22 years old. I use an ancient Nokia 5180iP and yes, it texts.

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
I remember the days when there were no cell phones. Ahhhhh those were the days.
What happened to the old, "I'll call you when I get home from work", days. Land lines, so not used that much anymore. People are always in a "go, go" state. Got go now, got know now. Slow down people.

Forgot your phone, feeling like you got Nomophobia? :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.