Here's Your Sign - dumb things people say

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Sooooo I wake up this morning to a dead 'possum on the lawn. Nothing unusual about that. Not bloated. Wasn't there yesterday. No significant body parts missing. Took care of it, not having any current neighborhood feuds that could be escalated by a stealthy dead 'possum delivery service. Advised Mrs. Roadie of the event when she got up.

"How dead was it?"

Here's your sign.....

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Me: Ma'am, can I have you unplug your receiver from the wall outlet for 10 seconds?

Customer: Ok

***20 seconds later***

Me: Do you have that plugged back in?

Customer: Oh, did you want me to do that?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
07 TB RIDER said:
Me: Ma'am, can I have you unplug your receiver from the wall outlet for 10 seconds?

Customer: Ok

***20 seconds later***

Me: Do you have that plugged back in?

Customer: Oh, did you want me to do that?

I'm guilty of doing that! lol I had the technician count for me once too :biggrin:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
My youngest son once asked me what Captain Hook's name was before he got his hand chopped off.....needless to say I didn't have a ready answer,Mike.

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
northcreek said:
My youngest son once asked me what Captain Hook's name was before he got his hand chopped off.....needless to say I didn't have a ready answer,Mike.

Captain Phalanges, of course. IIRC there is no official answer from the original author, so I guess it can be whatever you want if you believe hard enough.

Not a dumb thing people say, I guess, but I once had someone take a picture of their monitor with a blank online only application form displayed, print it, fill out in pencil, and mail it to my office instead of simply submitting it through the website. Goddamnedest thing I've ever seen.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
the roadie said:
"How dead was it?"

This immediately popped into my head:

Miracle Max: It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

henny.gif

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Telling sister in law she needed to get her car's oil changed...

Her response, "Does that break often?"

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online