Here now! Found out about it today...

DJones

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
I am going to be moving over here now. I haven't been on any of the related forums in two months or more, and made 10 posts at trailvoy in the last two days. It seemed like many members were missing, Jman423 was the first I noticed to be missing, and Banned! It took me a while to find a thread with a post from the roadie, just to see the word: "banned". Anyway, I'll move stuff over here.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to the party man.

That is what happens when you fall asleep at the wheel.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Glad you made it over :tiphat:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Glad you came over. :thumbsup:

DJones said:
Jman423 was the first I noticed to be missing, and Banned!
Jman was missing long before he was banned! :raspberry: :rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
now theres another familiar name... welcome over :tiphat:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hey David, not sure if you noticed but I am also on that banned list! :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't mention something to you, I actually thought I had seen you on here already. Glad to see that you are now though bud...

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Regulator said:
Hey David, not sure if you noticed but I am also on that banned list! :thumbsup:

Sorry I didn't mention something to you, I actually thought I had seen you on here already. Glad to see that you are now though bud...

Welcome :tiphat:

Some of use aren't banned,but are on Global Ignore (me for one, try to find one of my post) They did this so we can still log on and help their numbers, but no one can see our post.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
DJones said:
What if they actually do fix the problems and make it better again?
The community has moved on to here. A new community might spontaneously form over there, but the owners are never going to allow admin access to add new features. And the Vertical Scope business model of parasitic profit-sucking AWAY from the community to feed their own Toronto-based mouths remains. As long as the for-profit business model stays, trailvoy will NEVER be the same and cannot be reconstituted. It's like a Trailblazer Wiki now. With a lot of crappy posts littering up the aisles.

Besides, I'm never going back and what would it be without The Roadie? :biggrin:

Monkeys will fly out of my butt before trailvoy becomes anything but a dusty respository of a million posts, searched by noobs looking for answers that will not be given by active members who know what they're saying because they DID IT. The noob moderators (all two of them) just spout back things they've read that WE posted there over the years.

Sad, but necessary in the way of things. Profit parasites like Vertical Scope have a place, but not in the truly active enthusiast communities.

View attachment 18103

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 17

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
BO TIE SS said:
Glad you came over. :thumbsup:

Jman was missing long before he was banned! :raspberry: :rotfl:

I couldn't take the BS anymore... but I still checked from time to time to see where they managed to squeeze in more advertisements.

DJones

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
I think I am already liking this site. However, my previos post still needs to be approved by a moderator.

DJones

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
the roadie said:
Edit: Sorry, had you confused with another new member. You mean you have an unapproved post HERE or THERE?

Here. I had a link to a URL in it too. Maybe that caused it. I see you have fixed it, thanks!

Update Edit: I cannot change my signature to anything that includes "GMTNation" on the OS.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
DJones said:
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Think I should try to get banned too?

What if they actually do fix the problems and make it better again? The Future of Trailvoy...

Had to hold back some tears while reading that. Ahem!

They just don't get it... Even with the knowledge and database they have on the old OS, most goes back to the guys here that launched this site.

Common sense is to follow your source of info rather than just picking it off a thread. Not only that but the way they trashed these guys after what theyd done for TV.

Not to mention the spirit here is just amazing! I can't go by 5 minutes without checking out what's new. It's worse than Facebook and twitter lol!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
fadyasha said:
. Even with the knowledge and database they have on the old OS, most goes back to the guys here that launched this site....
Some folks who remain there think we should have taken more neglect and abuse before splitting off. Right.....They don't realize that Vertical Scope is the THIRD owner of the site. Not the launch owner and not even the second owner. These guys are not even trailblazer owning enthusiasts! It ain't right for a profit-seeking operation to depend on the unpaid volunteer work of the staff and suck the ad and donation profits away. The silver, gold, and platinum DONATIONS get sucked north to Toronto as well, even though the site lies when it says DONATIONS are being used only for the community. Lies.

DJones said:
Update Edit: I cannot change my signature to anything that includes "GMTNation" on the OS.
Odd defense mechanism they put in there, didn't they? Any post, any signature, any profile, any PM that mentions GMTN gets edited. **PRIVATE MESSAGES** aren't truly private when using their resources to transmit them. Until we start to get indexed by Google higher than them, noobs will find them first, and wait in vain for somebody to answer their pleas. It's painful for me especially to watch.

DJones

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
fadyasha said:
Not to mention the spirit here is just amazing! I can't go by 5 minutes without checking out what's new. It's worse than Facebook and twitter lol!

That is how I feel right now too. Until I need to spend the time on more important things.

the roadie said:
Odd defense mechanism they put in there, didn't they? Any post, any signature, any profile, any PM that mentions GMTN gets edited.

I found the loophole of putting spaces between every letter. Wonder how long that will last.

fletch09 said:
Welcome over :tiphat:

You may want to change your location on the OS.

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
fadyasha said:

lol ... I have tp agree with that fayasaha. I catch myself looking for new threads/posts very frequently myself. Very addictive. This community is growing into something really good, and I for one cannot wait to see were the ride takes us. Everytime I see a mod I'd love to do my wife just rolls her eyes :crazy:

And Welcome aboard DJones!

tbuckalew14

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
Odd defense mechanism they put in there, didn't they? Any post, any signature, any profile, any PM that mentions GMTN gets edited. **PRIVATE MESSAGES** aren't truly private when using their resources to transmit them. Until we start to get indexed by Google higher than them, noobs will find them first, and wait in vain for somebody to answer their pleas. It's painful for me especially to watch.

I put gmt nation.com on my profile location on the os. Hasn't been changed yet.

DJones

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
the roadie said:
Until they ban your ass and delete your posts. I see you pulled the pin on that grenade.....Just wait......

Didn't work. They did however delete my avatar, delete my post that refers here, and remove my signature. I did not check my profile picture. Here is the e-mail I got:

Hi there, how are you? Hope everything is great. First of all I just wanted to say thank you for your help and contributions to the site. I have no problems at all with members being on both sites as and I wish them the best as well. If could please refrain from referring to the other site though on here. What has happened has been over a month ago and our only focus is site and this site only. Thank you for your understanding. Have a great weekend! :smile:

Cheers

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Speaking of weird shit and VS, I found this interesting. Seems like someone was really eager to contribute to the site and only have been on less then a month with no post.

1222.png

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
07 TB RIDER said:
Speaking of weird shit and VS, I found this interesting. Seems like someone was really eager to contribute to the site and only have been on less then a month with no post.
Somebody with more money than knowledge of AdBlockPlus, who was so desperate to get rid of the ads they thought they could BUY their way out of them. Sad. :rotfl:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome.

the roadie said:
Until they ban your ass and delete your posts. I see you pulled the pin on that grenade.....Just wait......

BINGO!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
It takes a special sort of whorishness to be an UNPAID volunteer moderator over there and use your precious time on earth to defend THEIR parasitical business model. That, or they really get it off being the center of attention of the mobs of adoring noobs they're collecting.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
That, or they really get it off being the center of attention of the mobs of adoring noobs they're collecting.
^ That. :iagree:

I can't imagine any other reason for doing it. Unless, of course, VS decided to start paying the moderation staff. :rotfl: :crackup: :uhno:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
BO TIE SS said:
...Unless, of course, VS decided to start paying the moderation staff. :rotfl: :crackup: :uhno:
Well, let's see. The forum "managers/admins" they have monitoring the forums they already own that are not problem children like we were, are responsible for 50-70 forums EACH. And it took them 5+ days to notice the Great Exodus. So let's say they get paid $90K/yr for monitoring 60 forums, and all they can really do is sit there and wait for a riot to break out, and then they blow a whistle. They don't actually DO any administration like add Tapatalk features - that's for a different staff. So the Vertical Scope business model depends on paying their staff monitor people no more than $1500/year per forum, which is about $6 a day. But they had (used to have) TEN of us active mods and admins working for nothing. And they chucked that all away for the sake of the ad revenue? Hmmmmm, makes you wonder.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I highly doubt they're paying that much. Probably using college kids.

DJones

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
Oh well, I'll leave my user account over there "as-is".

That is some really great information, Bill.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Hi there, how are you? Hope everything is great. First of all I just wanted to say thank you for your help and contributions to the site. I have no problems at all with members being on both sites as and I wish them the best as well. If could please refrain from referring to the other site though on here. What has happened has been over a month ago and our only focus is site and this site only. Thank you for your understanding. Have a great weekend! :smile:

Cheers

This translates to:

Don't talk about the other $ite becau$e they are a $eriou$ threat to our revenue $tream. We are already working overtime to fake our active u$er li$t and creating u$er$ with a 0 po$t count that are already contributing financially. Our focu$ is thi$ $ite only, and we know the u$er$ will choo$e the other $ite if they have a choice. We can't let them find out about it.

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
fadyasha said:
That's how I got here :rotfl:

I still do this when I PM people on the OS. I haven't been caught yet ... I think anyway :confused:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online