Helping Vets in Need

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I am not a veteran, but I thank all of them for the freedoms they help us keep. I try to support our armed services when I can and I think this is truly important these days.

My buddy started a Facebook page for Vets and supporters of them for when things get as low as they can and people need help now and there. The page is called My Brothers Keeper if you would like to join.

Here is an article about the why of his starting it. I have seen in the past month it be used to save more than one lost soul and hope I can help get the word out so theyy can continue to save more.

http://www.batesvilleheraldtribune....cle_56b3ccb4-389a-11e6-9c37-f30f29a549ca.html

Thanks!

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Bump after the holiday. I know we have veterans here and I personally know some of them have had struggles this group is out to help with.

Thanks to all that served!

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Bump

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Great article and great project. I'll tell my father-in-law about it. He is on FB and is actually wanting to start a ministry for vets by vets. We have a couple of WWII vets all way to the current conflict at our church. I'm a vet but I don't have the combat experience of the sandbox folks as I was in the Navy and sat in the Adriatic in '94 and the Arabian Gulf in '95-'96, so it's hard for me to talk to the current crop of vets about certain things. I retired in 2012 from the reserves, but I never got called up to support the mid east effort. But as a vet, we have the shared experiences of boot camp, deployments, separation, heartaches, and on the good side, mail call, returning home, liberty in foreign countries to see things you can't see from rural route 1, any small town, America.

Again, great project!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online