Helpful site for basic automotive electronics understanding

Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
This site has helped me understand a lot of the basics of the electrical system.

Automotive Training and Resource Site

It has helped me move up one level from clueless to rank novice.

I'm on my way to actually understanding what to do with the information in Roadie's replies to my questions.:wootwoot:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
6716 said:
I'm on my way to actually understanding what to do with the information in Roadie's replies to my questions.:wootwoot:
One of the most strangely worded compliments (I think) I've had in a while. Thx. :biggrin:

I intend to challenge people by not always giving them the fish, but inspiring them to get curious, search deeper, and dig for true enlightenment. That collects me a few enemies along the way of lazy-ass folks who want the answer handed to them. Wonderful to hear you're not one of them. :thumbsup:

Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
the roadie said:
... lazy-ass folks who want the answer handed to them. Wonderful to hear you're not one of them. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, I'd let you get on a plane and fly here to fix it for me while I continued to surf the interwebs.:yes: I've seen enough living not to expect it, is all, and to be grateful for what I can get just for asking.

Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
One of the concepts I was struggling with was the whole "complete circuit" idea and grounding I was seeing on the wiring diagrams.

The "frame as ground" was a serious head-scratcher.

This article makes sense to me, even more so since it's written about an RX-7 and all the ideas translate.

Proper RX-7 Grounding Procedures

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.