NEED HELP Help with RockAuto item.

Expeditor

Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
Nashville
Hi folks, need some help trying to see what the difference are in these two engine rebuild kits from RockAuto. Reached out to them and was told what you see is what you get. There is a 80.00 dollar difference in the two. Parts seems to be identical. Only difference I see is talking about front cover, oil pick up pipe.

If someone know a good place to get the whole engine rebuild kit for a 03 Envoy 4.2, please let me know. I really don't want to piece each piece out and I don't plan to keep the car for a lifetime. Thanks for the help.

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
Have you torn the engine down to see what is worn? If you need to get the crank ground you’ll have to get bearings to match that.

Expeditor

Original poster
Nov 19, 2018
Nashville
Have you torn the engine down to see what is worn? If you need to get the crank ground you’ll have to get bearings to match that.

Yes I have, everything stays standard. My finish engine will be a combination of two different engines. First one took out the crank. Thanks

JayArr

Sep 24, 2018
Mission BC Canada
Engine Tech doesn't get great reviews, they don't actually make the parts, they just buy them in bulk and put kits together. Some of the parts will be OK and some of them will be cheap. I suspect that a lot of it will be offshore stuff. It's more work to buy the parts individually but it's worth it to get the good stuff.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online