NEED HELP Help with fuel tank replacement

nvoy04MJIN

Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
My filler neck has been cracked for some time now. I have 220k on the envoy so I'm in the process of replacing the tank myself. When I dropped the old tank the wires got ripped out of the metri pack connector on the vapor canister vent solenoid. I have all the tools to rewire the connector, but I dont know which of the two terminals are red or white... I was hoping someone might be able to help me and check which color wire goes to which side of the connector...? its a red and blue 2 way metri pack 150 connector...

Thank You!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I'm not sure at the moment which wire is what, but I will say if you have 220K and you have the tank down, I would strongly suggest replacing the fuel pump. They aren't cheap but it's labor saved.

nvoy04MJIN

Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
I'm on it. Got the fuel pump from rock auto before I pulled her into the shop. The pump wasn't too bad though, less than $200 for a delphi pump. Just need to figure out which terminal is which wire so I can put the new tank up and get to driving again. I hate not having the envoy to drive

Reactions: gmcman

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Check one of @Mooseman 's threads, or in his signature for a link to said thread, he has a free download link for full service manuals and wiring diagrams. Will have to do some digging but the info you're looking for should be in there

Reactions: nvoy04MJIN

nvoy04MJIN

Original poster
Jan 21, 2015
Check one of @Mooseman 's threads, or in his signature for a link to said thread, he has a free download link for full service manuals and wiring diagrams. Will have to do some digging but the info you're looking for should be in there

I have those and couldn't find information on the fuel tank nor the vapor canister vent solenoid wiring. For the 2004 model year download there wasn't anything on fuel system service and couldn't find it in the wiring diagrams. Spent about 2 hours earlier scouring the manual. I tried searching the forums for photos showing the connector, but found a cpl photos that seemed to show opposite wire positions, though the pics weren't the best resolution

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The manuals have the wiring schematics but not sure about connectors. I pulled this from the GM SI and I think it should have what you are looking for. It has all connector end views.

Attachments

• Engine Controls Connector End Views.pdf
    469.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: nvoy04MJIN

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest